LAPD Simplex/Fallback

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
I've noticed in the database under LAPD there are 3 subcategories of fallback frequencies:
  • Talkaround (Enhanced/Fallback)
  • Future Area Simplex Tacs
  • Future Area Fallback Repeater Tacs
All three subcategories contain the same 25 frequencies, listed in 3 different modes - user choice (simplex/repeated), simplex, and repeated. Would it make more sense to have one listing for these frequencies, with a note explaining that they can be operated in simplex or repeated mode?

It just seems redundant to have 75 frequencies in the database instead of 25, especially since simplex/repeated are identical as far as a scanner is concerned.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Current Talkarounds 101-125 channels which have repeaters associated with them will be split and channels 101-125 will become simplex only ops and new channels 301-325 will be for repeater ops.

By listing both channels 101-125 and 301-325 in the Db aids listeners. I can only imagine the questions and confusion if we only listed one set of the 25 with folks asking what frequency channel xxx is that is not in the Db.

Eventually, instead of 3 entries for the 25 frequencies, there will be two - channels 101-125 and 301-325.

Hope makes a bit more sense.

officer_415

Database Admin
What if each frequency was listed once, and labeled as channel 101/301, 102/302, etc? I'm not invested in doing it any particular way, just making a suggestion. It's your page so I'll defer to you. Is there a time frame for when the transition will be complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.