Lapeer County P25 EMS Dispatch Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBa66ss

Early today, about 1pm, my radio stopped receiving EMS to McLaren and EMS Dispatch P25, which comes off of the tower in Deerfield TWP at M-24 by Burnside. Did something cause them to go off the air? I know its windy today, but the EMS and First Responders Dispatch is still coming through the analog 131.1500 Fire Dispatch frequency, but not over the P25...

NickBa66ss

Update* I did just now hear one EMS unit talk on there, but the post EMS Dispatch call was again, over 131.1500, and not the EMS Dispatch frequency. And the EMS unit talk did talk on there to Dispatch, i did not hear dispatch reply back like on a normal day

NickBa66ss

So, the Update is, it appears Lapeer has kept EMS to Dispatch transmissions on their EMS Dispatch Interop, and just muted Dispatch's voice. The details are now encrypted. 151.1300 is still up, But the details are basically... EMS Alpha 10, your needed at xxxx Somewhere Rd, for a Priority 1, 2, 3, call, Central Clear.

This happened around 1pm of the day Gov. Whitmer extended the executive order...

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I've noticed that's been going on occasionally on a few of the systems up here too. I wonder if it's related to the chaos going on right now or simply just dispatch preference? When I was listening in March they'd use the same format except with a call description after the Priority number.

Edit: For the few days I was listening around then, some tone went out around noon without call description on 151.130. Does that occur every day? I'm thinking it trips the noon sirens around the county.

NickBa66ss

I do beleive its COVID related, since i just cannot hear dispatch, which is where youd hear the juicy call info. They muted Dispatch on our Interop channel on 1pm of the Executive Order extension day, and after a number of confirmed county cased. However i can just listen to Genesee, which is the real hotspot :rolleyes:

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
I seriously wonder why they’d do that, unless there’s a security risk I can’t think of off the top of my head. Though I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it’s very likely I am missing a risk.

NickBa66ss

I seriously wonder why they’d do that, unless there’s a security risk I can’t think of off the top of my head. Though I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it’s very likely I am missing a risk.
Well, they probably didn't want the busybodies to hear and start spreading rumors or changing up words for 'fake news' reports

Status
Not open for further replies.