Lapeer County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliva

Premium Subscriber
Hello I am new to this and lost already. I entered my state and county in the database and I don’t see police freqs but fire, School, EMS etc. Does that mean there is no police freqs for my area? I have a Whistler SW 1065 being delivered today and wanted mainly police. Thanking for any help.

a29zuk

Welcome to Radio Reference.

Lapeer Co. is on the MPSCS(Michigan Public Safety Communications System). Your scanner is capable of receiving this P25 system as it is still in Phase 1.

If you go to the top of the page here click on the "Database" button. On the map click on Michigan. This will bring up a map of Michigan with all of the counties. Click on Lapeer Co. and on that page, scroll to the bottom, where it shows "All trunked radio systems in Lapeer County". Then click on "Michigan Public Safety Communications System"

On this page scroll down to "System Frequencies" and scroll down a little further to 2(2) 025(19) which is the Lapeer Co. Simulcast. The blue frequencies are the alternate control frequencies and the red frequency is the main control frequency. These are the frequencies you will want to program into your scanner.

If you scroll down a little more on this page you will get to the "System Talkgroup" section. Now you will have to scroll down some more to State Police District 3 Talkgroups. These talkgroups will cover your State Police district. Then you will have to scroll down quite a ways down until the counties will show up in alphabetical order. Scroll down and there will be 5 sections of Lapeer Co. talkgroups(police, fire, etc.) that you can select to program into your scanner.

I own Uniden scanners and haven't programmed a Whistler type scanner in 7 or 8 years so maybe someone else on here can chime in on programming help if you need some. Also simulcast systems can be a little tough on you scanner. Depending on your location in Lapeer County your reception may seem choppy and broken up due to multipath distortion.

There is also a Michigan Radio Discussion Forum to help with local questions.

Good luck and have fun.
Jim

Last edited:

Juliva

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much for your quick response I will give it a go. Now I have a starting place!

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Your only programming in the frequencies that arent digital, you'll have to look at the MPSCS where its all at as said above. Although be advised that scanner most likely wont receive well... if at all, you may get lucky, but Lapeer has a 6 tower simulcast system that whistlers do lousy with simulcasts at receiving. Ive programmed some for nearby 4 tower systems in saginaw and midland counties and most will report poor or no reception at all, once in awhile they may work.
Uniden brands fair better in your situation.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQSZ450

See this thread https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/ws1040-ws1065-vs-simulcast-800.381540/

Also take a look at this one, mainly due to the LPO posting, well everything, aka too much that happens.
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/lapeer-co-encryption-approved.372095/

Yes I also have PSREdit500 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.