Laptop Crash...Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well it happens to everyone I guess....and even with precautions I still lost out....but the ol' lappy crashed yesterday and rather than copying my backed up data from my external drive, I cut it and moved all my "important" radio geek stuff over first after a reformat. Big mistake, system still wasn't stable and crashed again....so alllll my files and records I've accumulated over the years are now gone.

So, to any of you out there that I emailed one of my personal listings to at some point, I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly send me a copy back... I had a file with trunked systems, a frequency listing, and talkgroup listing, so if any of that might ring a bell, please see if you can find it and send it to my email: trumpetman [at] radioreference [dot] com.

Thanks for the help folks, and try not to laugh too hard as you read this...

nate1992

If ur make ur way to asheville in the near future i might be able to pull ur hard drive & get the data off... cause ya know i build computers & such!
but just give me a hallor & ill see if i can't help out!

trumpetman

Database Admin
I've already reformatted it. I've got a bit of know-how too, being a Computer Engineering major and all, but I appreciate it. My biggest mistake was partitioning out the whole harddrive for a single OS rather than splitting it up so there was a chance of salvaging bad data while working off of the good partition. No getting it back now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.