Laraway FireEast No Tone Out Heard

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring LLC 154.235 locally for many years. Recently I stopped receiving a tone for fire dispatch calls. Did something change? Using Uniden BCT8 and BCD996XT radios. Thanks in advanced.
Frank

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, check the Will Co radio reference data base , now using TG20121West T/Out , and TG 20122 East T/Out

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Ron, I still here them on 154.235 but not any toneout or initial call. Only here them 'enroute" and "back in service." I guess i will be ordering a P25 scanner soon. Thanks.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Your 996XT should hear the tone out if you have the will Co system programmed in , its aP25 scanner , mine works great ,....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I programmed a "system " for LCC FD only with all the TGs for fire and I marked the tone/ outs with "priority " so it stops there first ,....

pics213

I was hearing the tone out until recently but something has changed. Thanks for the info.
Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. Did you end up getting the new scanner?

pics213

Been real busy with work and haven’t done anything yet. Makes no sense.
I am just learning all of this...but with lots of research and the light bulb clicking on from RoninJoliet's posts above, I found all of the dispatch calls are broadcast now on Talk Groups (instead of the regular LCC frequency we are used to). So you will have to program in Talk Group 20122 to hear Fire East dispatch/tones and Talk Group 20121 for Fire West. It sounds like the scanner you have is the same as Ron's, so it should be capable of programming Talk Groups in addition to frequencies. My scanner did not have that option, so I was completely clueless that was even a thing. I just ordered a better model and am excited to try it out. In the meantime, you can also listen to the Talk Group thru the Broadcastify website:

Hope this helps! (and hope all that was accurate as I'm learning, too!)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The VHF frequencys are pretty much out of date,...There are about 13 Talk Groups now used for various things on LCC fire,,,,You find them listed in the Will County section on this web site,...I use the Uniden 996P2 and 325P2 scanners for great coverage..

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
I am just learning all of this...but with lots of research and the light bulb clicking on from RoninJoliet's posts above, I found all of the dispatch calls are broadcast now on Talk Groups (instead of the regular LCC frequency we are used to). So you will have to program in Talk Group 20122 to hear Fire East dispatch/tones and Talk Group 20121 for Fire West. It sounds like the scanner you have is the same as Ron's, so it should be capable of programming Talk Groups in addition to frequencies. My scanner did not have that option, so I was completely clueless that was even a thing. I just ordered a better model and am excited to try it out. In the meantime, you can also listen to the Talk Group thru the Broadcastify website:

Hope this helps! (and hope all that was accurate as I'm learning, too!)
Appreciate the leg work. I need to get my computer updated so I can use free scan again.