Laredo DPS & PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

atms169

I was wondering if anyone has a system file I could clone for the Laredo TX area for PD/Fire & EMS along with the DPS digital frequencies?

I have tried to program them in my Uniden 396T but, sometimes it just wont work and I am unsure as to why.

Any help would be appreciated.

atms169

225Texas

So can you listen to Laredo PD now? What about the Webb County SO?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
atms169 said:
I was wondering if anyone has a system file I could clone for the Laredo TX area for PD/Fire & EMS along with the DPS digital frequencies?

I have tried to program them in my Uniden 396T but, sometimes it just wont work and I am unsure as to why.

Any help would be appreciated.

atms169
atms, if the database is correct for Laredo, the only two talkgroups listed for the PD are encrypted. I suspect there are more talkgroups than just two. That's an awful small number for that size city. But unless somebody reports the others (if, in fact, there are any), they won't be listed. You won't be able to get encrypted talk groups unless they are switched to un-encrypted. This sometimes happens by accident, sometimes on purpose.

Did you try programming the system as a Motorola P-25? Is Laredo still using any of their conventional frequencies?

atms169

hiegtx said:
atms, if the database is correct for Laredo, the only two talkgroups listed for the PD are encrypted. I suspect there are more talkgroups than just two. That's an awful small number for that size city. But unless somebody reports the others (if, in fact, there are any), they won't be listed. You won't be able to get encrypted talk groups unless they are switched to un-encrypted. This sometimes happens by accident, sometimes on purpose.

Did you try programming the system as a Motorola P-25? Is Laredo still using any of their conventional frequencies?

Yes, I realize that the PD is in the ENC mode. I have not been able to listen to them but, on the odd occasion they do forget. I do however receive EMS, Fire, Airport Police, Water, Misc, El Metro (I think) and the Bridges 1&2.

I do have more ID's but, I am unable to enter them in the radioreference database.

My problem is I have come along the lines of all the Digital scanners and everytime the programing functions change. So I am somewhat a little confused on programing the ID's properly so I can turn them on and off in groups when I wish too. I have it working just not the way I would like it.

I now do receive the DPS on VHF Digital! Some activity at least.

On another note, there is a UHF Type 2 Motorola system here that again, I have programed but, this one does not receive anything. I am unsure what I have done but, it should work... if you get a chance take a look in the database.

atms169

atms169

225Texas said:
So can you listen to Laredo PD now? What about the Webb County SO?

Well not, not PD exactly... just when they forget to enter ENC mode. I do receive Fire & EMS.

Only thing I know that is in Digital mode other than Laredo is DPS and yes I can receive them. If there is any other digital frequencies that you do not have let me know, I would love to listen to them. I have found a frequency on 146.895 that is digital but I am unable to decode it, it may be something to do with Amateur Radio or something from Accross in Mexico like a Provoice system. I am unsure but I am trying.

Do you live in the Laredo area or Webb County?

atms169

225Texas

I used to work down in Webb County. I'm now in Houston. I used to listen to the SO but I don't remember Laredo PD. DPS of course will always be listenable (I know not a real word). It's been awhile (10 years) since I've been down in Laredo. Good luck!

atms169

225Texas said:
I used to work down in Webb County. I'm now in Houston. I used to listen to the SO but I don't remember Laredo PD. DPS of course will always be listenable (I know not a real word). It's been awhile (10 years) since I've been down in Laredo. Good luck!

I just received word today that the SO will be switching to the Apco system as well and it will be unencrypted. Sounds like it will be fun!

I will let you know when!

werner14

scanner

HI i live in laredo and iam a scanner fan but lately pD/and fire dept change freq, do you know if i should buy a digital scanner. I read your email that you wanted info but iam confued so if i buy a digital scanner would i be able hear atleast fire dept. I would appreciate your help. thank you

werner14

scanner

HI i live in laredo and iam a scanner fan but lately pD/and fire dept change freq, do you know if i should buy a digital scanner. I read your email that you wanted info but iam confued so if i buy a digital scanner would i be able hear atleast fire dept. I would appreciate your help. thank you

SCPD

QRT
Werner14
You will have to buy a digital scanner to listen to Laredo Fire. P.D. is encrypted 99.9% of the time and therefore useless. There are other talkgroups on the system you may listen to and since the Webb county Sheriff is going to an APCO system you will need a digital scanner for them as well. All DPS traffic is digital so it is obvious which scanner is needed for this also. Time to get out the checkbook.

werner14

werner14

thank you for your info buddy, will radio shack digital scanner work so i can buy one as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.