Laredo Entertainment Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I found something interesting at the Laredo Entertainment Center this week. I discovered the building operations appears to be using 462.9750 MHz, D343. Heard lots of traffic regarding building & security operations and confirmed the frequency by hearing the traffic on a radio in the security area.

But wait - 462.9750 MHz is a nationwide MEDCOM frequency, no? Anyone in Webb County know why the city gave the LEC a bunch of radios on that frequency for it's use? Just curious...

(The arena is managed by SMG, but no license for them on this frequency has been located.)

- Chris

Last edited:

ruready

I live near the LEC as well. I just picked up a BCD396T and have been having trouble programing it. I tried the AES Edacs system and I never hear anything??

I also have a frequency that I think might be DPS or TXDOT but I have tried and can never decode it. 147.360???

xtraclass

I also have a frequency that I think might be DPS or TXDOT but I have tried and can never decode it. 147.360???

I don't live in South Texas, but I can tell you that 147.360 MHz is neither DPS or TXDOT. It is an Amateur Radio frequency.

xtraclass

What is that?

Well it sounds like Apco25.. Why can I not decode it?

It could be a digital Amateur Radio repeater. If this is the case you would need a radio capable of decoding it (Most likely D-Star Protocol).

D-STAR (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) is a digital voice and data protocol specification developed as the result of research by the Japan Amateur Radio League to investigate digital technologies for amateur radio.

Project 25 (P25) or APCO-25 refer to a suite of standards for digital radio communications for use by federal, state/province and local public safety agencies in North America to enable them to communicate with other agencies and mutual aid response teams in emergencies.

Both are digital as shown above. However, a scanner capable of decoding P25 would not be capable of decoding D-Star.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.