Large Fire in Marne

Status
Not open for further replies.

oly8ball

Commercial fire 1000 block Comstock.....Marn fire on scene .fully envolved.....requesting Coopersville,Walker,Allendale,Alpine,Conklin,Crockery, for assist and now Sparta joins the list

oly8ball

As I was listening to tthis they said to have firefighters switch to DNR fireground 10 and tankers to fire ground 8 I believe.....does anyone know these freqs?...I did not see these in the database list

oly8ball

Heres the quick read from wzzm13
MARNE, Mich. (WZZM) - Fire investigators in Ottawa County are looking into what caused a commercial fire in Marne late Sunday night.

Wright-Tallmadge Fire Chief Al Brouwer says the entire building is destroyed. He doesn't not know the dollar value of the damage.

Crews were called to the 1000 block of Comstock around 10:30 p.m. Sunday for a fire at a warehouse facility. Marne's fire chief says the two businesses affected are a pallet company and a sheet metal stamping facility.

The Pallet company is called Andrew's pallet.

The sheet metal company had two boats and an RV stored inside.

When firefighters arrived, fire was already showing through the roof. It appears the fire started in the metal stamping area of the building.

Firefighters suspect the blaze may have been electrical because a worker at a nearby business witnessed unusual electrical activity the night before.

lakeboatnut

DNR fireground

I believe DNR Fire ground is 154.295. I will have to do a little research to figure out what the fire ground 8 would be. I know its a bit late for this incident, but at least you will be prepared for the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.