Large grass fire NE of Blanchard (McClain Co)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Large grass fire now occurring NE of Blanchard (McClain Co)...

Hearing about a large grass fire east of US277/US62 and somewhere between SH74B and SH9... may have also caught a structure. Blanchard FD is command. Main ops were occuring on Blanchard PD (153.9275), but at approximately 1515 hrs, main ops were switched to Newcastle FD's repeater (152.0900). Sounds like Cole FD and Dibble FD are enroute also.

Also hearing something about a car fire.

Details to follow...

Updates

1422 - Fire is now 5-alarm... Goldsby FD was just paged for mutual aid.
1431 - Apparently, Newcastle PD was assisting Blanchard PD with traffic control. They just went 10-8.
1435 - Sounds like Grady Co SO has units there, too...
1444 - Command has been transferred to Newcastle FD.
1453 - Make that 6-alarm... Washington FD is on-scene also.
1500 - Er... 7-alarms. Purcell FD is there, too.
1514 - Fireground has been broken into at least 4 sectors. Media are on-scene.
1530 - Fire is now 8 alarms... Wayne FD is on-scene. Wonder why they've pulled Wayne FD when Bridge Creek FD and perhaps even Tuttle FD are closer. Lexington FD, Slaughterville FD, Noble FD, and Norman FD might be closer, too. Must be an in-county thing.
1551 - Some mutual-aid units have just been released from the scene.
1637 - Things have been pretty quiet for awhile now...
1726 - Some Blanchard FD units have been returned to service at this time.
1950 - I just heard that Tuttle and Bridge Creek FD's were out there, also... and that the hotspots may be rekindling.

Please note that this breaking news posting, a no-no per the owner as listed in this previously posted article:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=316056&postcount=15

I didn't know about this until after the fact, so to lessen the impact on the forum, I've condensed all the updates into a single thread. I'll leave it up to the mods whether or not to delete this post when they delete the others that I've erased.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
671
HEY!!! Can you just edit your orginal post with info? Such as:

14:32 - Billybob PD is doing traffic control
15:45 - Backwoods Fire & Rescue is assisting with 1 tank and 1 grass rig.

16:33 - Is anyone but me listening to this fire?

Ya know?
 

OkRob

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
185
I can't say I've ever heard of an 8 alarm grass fire. Must of been a doozy! :)

- Rob
 

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
CommShrek said:
HEY!!! Can you just edit your orginal post with info? Such as:

14:32 - Billybob PD is doing traffic control
15:45 - Backwoods Fire & Rescue is assisting with 1 tank and 1 grass rig.

16:33 - Is anyone but me listening to this fire?

Ya know?
HEY!!! Tell you what... when a moderator advises me that that's the way it's preferred, then I'll do it that way. Until then, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. There are others that prefer a multiple-posting format, and the FAQ doesn't advise otherwise. To arrange content in a thread for your viewing pleasure, there are other formats (such as "threaded" and "hybrid" that might help make things better for you. Descriptions are available here:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_threadedmode

Ya know? :)

OkRob said:
I can't say I've ever heard of an 8 alarm grass fire. Must of been a doozy! :)
When/where I began scanning, the number of responding engine companies/departments responding were referred to in this manner. Old habits...
 

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
Mods: please delete. Thank you.
 
Last edited:

KD5WLX

Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
276
Location
Tulsa
I'm not sure that counts as 8 alarms, either. Toned out 8 times, vs toned out to 8 different departments, vs a big city that sends 5, 2, and 1 to a box and 3 and 1 on each successive means 8 alarms is 26 pumpers, 9 ladder trucks and 8 battalion chiefs.

Normally the call is "ask the next department over to send their tanker and grass rig" - usually because the department asking only has one, as does everyone else in the area.

Now, that may be a big deal for a little volunteer department with only a few members - but to them ANY call is a "general" alarm (meaning "all hands respond") - I've seen quite a few small departments where it would take them plus two neighbors to "fill a box".

Not saying this fire isn't a big deal, just trying to put some perspective on it.
 

car2back

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
3,021
Location
Tulsa, OK
2112 said:
HEY!!! Tell you what... when a moderator advises me that that's the way it's preferred, then I'll do it that way. Until then, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. There are others that prefer a multiple-posting format, and the FAQ doesn't advise otherwise. To arrange content in a thread for your viewing pleasure, there are other formats (such as "threaded" and "hybrid" that might help make things better for you. Descriptions are available here...
blantonl said:
Folks,

Please bear with us as we evolve the site.

I made it clear to the moderators that I didn't believe that the spirit and intention of the forums was to convey breaking news information, including play by play updates. The platform doesn't lend itself to be this kind of medium for communicating breaking news.


Warm regards,

Lindsay
I have been just as guilty in the past posting active pursuits in the Tulsa area; If you're gonna do it, atl east follow CommShrek's advice and make it easier on us all :)
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
phil_smith said:
blantonl said:
Originally Posted by blantonl
I made it clear to the moderators that I didn't believe that the spirit and intention of the forums was to convey breaking news information, including play by play updates. The platform doesn't lend itself to be this kind of medium for communicating breaking news.
Thanks, Phil... last time I checked, the owner of the site outranks the moderators. :)

Posts have been fixed and/or marked for deletion, a note's been sent to the mods, and so has a request to include the bit about posting breaking news events in the forums FAQ.
 
Last edited:

2112

Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
354
Location
OK
KD5WLX said:
I'm not sure that counts as 8 alarms, either. Toned out 8 times, vs toned out to 8 different departments, vs a big city that sends 5, 2, and 1 to a box and 3 and 1 on each successive means 8 alarms is 26 pumpers, 9 ladder trucks and 8 battalion chiefs.
That may the case in an urban area such as the Tulsa metro. My explanation was the case in rural north-central Ohio 15-20 years ago. Different does not necessarily equate to wrong. :)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top