Large police presence north of Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Two people on horseback have been shot, police looking for suspect or suspects. OPP not saying much at this time.

Moonbounce

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Shhhhh, the OPP are keeping a lid on this event, I dont know why. I did not (nor do I really ever do) mention an event to the masses on a public website, cause again, there has been little information about this serious event.

I heard a call go out for it yesterday, on the Brant/Hald/6Nations patch. A 10-45 was mentioned, thats sorta rare and got my attention.

At first I thought it was a hunting episode, I never hunted but I imagine some hunters like a little liquid refreshment, liquid courage as they go slaughter a deer, raccoon or whatever people hunt.

The news media did mention that Clinton residents were told to shut down their doors and report suspicious activity.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
They broadcast a couple BOLO's about this but not much else

Anyhow why should the OPP warn nearby residents,just a homicidal guy with a gun nothing to worry about....

The media finally was able to notify us who it was and how it happened, Leave it at that, it's easy to find on line.

CanWoodsman

At first I thought it was a hunting episode, I never hunted but I imagine some hunters like a little liquid refreshment, liquid courage as they go slaughter a deer, raccoon or whatever people hunt.
For someone who's never hunted you sure painted many with one brush stroke.
Your lack of knowledge in respect to hunting is only outdone by your need to comment with such a lack of knowledge.
This had absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
For someone who's never hunted you sure painted many with one brush stroke.
Your lack of knowledge in respect to hunting is only outdone by your need to comment with such a lack of knowledge.
This had absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

Oh I am very aware of what the situation is, what went down and what it's all about but I sure as heck an not going to post it here on a public forum.

And if I offended you about hunting I am sorry to stereotype and generalize.

frankh

The media finally was able to notify us who it was and how it happened, Leave it at that, it's easy to find on line.

EJB perhaps you misunderstood
Its not that I am *****ing about them not releasing details of the incident
Just of late the OPP seems to have a new policy of not informing the general public in a timely manner of dangerous persons or situations
There has been a couple lately here in the SW that I have been privy to because of the scanner that never made the media at all

sirsmiley

He was an italian building developer, maybe it was a mob hit or a lovers quarrel..either way OPP arent releasing anything to the media and havent even announced a suspect that theyre looking foreven though the wife survived and is in hospital...something stinks here...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
EJB perhaps you misunderstood
Its not that I am *****ing about them not releasing details of the incident
Just of late the OPP seems to have a new policy of not informing the general public in a timely manner of dangerous persons or situations
There has been a couple lately here in the SW that I have been privy to because of the scanner that never made the media at all

I have heard stories like this, the police have their reasons, or at least they feel that they should keep secrets to themselves.

moonbounce

Shhhhh, the OPP are keeping a lid on this event, I dont know why. I did not (nor do I really ever do) mention an event to the masses on a public website, cause again, there has been little information about this serious event.

I heard a call go out for it yesterday, on the Brant/Hald/6Nations patch. A 10-45 was mentioned, thats sorta rare and got my attention.

The news media did mention that Clinton residents were told to shut down their doors and report suspicious activity.

What are you shhhh about, it was all over the news long before I posted it.

Moonbounce

I dont even know how to absorb an idiotic statement like that.

Typical of J-A-F-O

CanWoodsman

I have heard stories like this, the police have their reasons, or at least they feel that they should keep secrets to themselves.
Could it be that the company the deceased was a vice president at is owned by the Sorbara Group. This group is the family business of former Liberal MPP and past Provincial Finance Minister who retired after himself and the company were under investigation (including a RCMP raid) for a fraudulent real estate a deal.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Could it be that the company the deceased was a vice president at is owned by the Sorbara Group. This group is the family business of former Liberal MPP and past Provincial Finance Minister who retired after himself and the company were under investigation (including a RCMP raid) for a fraudulent real estate a deal.

If you check out their website it's a different spelling to the name it's Sabara, not the Liberal politician.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If anybody has anything related to the communications that took place that day, feel free to share.

If you wish to continue arguing about the merits of hunting or who owns the farm where this took place, feel free to do so in PM's and not in this thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.