Large working marina fire - Monroe County

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I am surprised they would allow an active fire scene be patched to a statewide channel.... that would take up valuable resources on sites in remote parts of the state that dont have many frequencies

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am surprised they would allow an active fire scene be patched to a statewide channel.... that would take up valuable resources on sites in remote parts of the state that dont have many frequencies
Only if someone affiliated to that site tunes a radio to that TG.

opps2016

Just about every dispatch center in SE Michigan listens to STATW2, either by console or consolette. Yes this was a huge over site and an example of a certain group that didn’t know how to use the radio system like they should have, because that patch was blowing up dispatch centers for no reason and taking up resources.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Only if someone affiliated to that site tunes a radio to that TG.
Krokus I thought the STATW talkgroups were an exception to that rule and that anything broadcast over those talkgroups went statewide regardless if anyone was tuned in to the talkgroup or not. Is that not the case?

Just about every dispatch center in SE Michigan listens to STATW2, either by console or consolette. Yes this was a huge over site and an example of a certain group that didn’t know how to use the radio system like they should have, because that patch was blowing up dispatch centers for no reason and taking up resources.
As someone who works in one of those dispatch centers I agree. Could have patched up 58EMER1 with MABAS2 (wayne co units) and whatever other jurisdictions were there.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Krokus I thought the STATW talkgroups were an exception to that rule and that anything broadcast over those talkgroups went statewide regardless if anyone was tuned in to the talkgroup or not. Is that not the case?

The only things that are force-fed, that I am aware of, are PageGroups. The advantage to using the StateWide is that every radio on the system has them.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Does a dispatch consolette cost $12,000? Thats what it looks like in the first hit in this google search for "cost trunked consolette"

cost trunked consolette - Google Search

there are price lists here from SC(2012), FL, and NY - plus other interesting items - an overview of TRS from Science Direct for example

opps2016

STATW2 is an affilated based talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.