Largest or Busiest TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

I guess this would be the right forum for this question. I live in La. and on the LWIN website it says that LWIN is the largest statewide TRS in the country. Close to 80,000 users (probably more by now). I am wondering what some of the other large statewide systems are. I do know that no matter time of day or where in the state you are, you will hear activity on LWIN. Never quiet for long. I have listened to other large systems and once you leave metro areas you will hardly hear anything. I wonder what the claim "Largest Statewide" means. Surely TxWarn or some of the other large regional TRS have as many users as LWIN. Would they be talking about square mileage or what?? Any comments??

Technoguy58

I saw that. I am just wondering what is meant by "largest" on LWIN website. Obviously it is not geographical so maybe it is users. Actual users, not radios programmed and sitting away in drawers. Many of the systems people suggested are REGIONAL not state wide. Also, I was mainly thinking U.S. not Canada.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I wonder what the claim "Largest Statewide" means. Surely TxWarn or some of the other large regional TRS have as many users as LWIN. Would they be talking about square mileage or what?? Any comments??

I imagine that their "Largest Statewide" claim is for transmissions per month, which would probably reflects the actual users requirement.

TxWARN is only a regional system, as you noted, so it can't really be called a statewide system.

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) claims 246 sites, 75,000 radios, and 11 million transmissions per month.

State of Colorado DTRS claims 222 sites, 92,000 radios, and 8 million transmissions per month. Note that the radio count is inflated due to radios programmed on the system for interoperability, but are typically used on separate systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.