Larimer County C/G, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

Between four and six children were injured today when a microburst of wind flipped an inflatable playhouse into a steel pole, according to a Poudre Fire Authority spokesman.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080802/UPDATES01/80802010

Jim<

It was interesting listening to them try to coordinate Medevac-2 on the old VHF repeater. 100 was getting pretty frustrated with Wellington and also trying to get 158.880 and Larimer Mutual Aid-1 patched. I listened to this all on Aurora's Civil Defense repeater (154.100) since they still seem to not have turned the PL to their repeater back on:)

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Dispatch was trying to get units on the ground to land medevac on S-TAC-D and it did not work out for either side. Medevac showed up on the old Wellington VHF channel and one of the Wellington units started communicating with them on VHF only to get scolded by dispatch to take this to S-TAC-D in which medevac responded that neither side could hear each other on that channel. After some back and forth dispatch patched the Mutual Aid 1 TG.

This same problem with S-TAC-D has also occurred multiple times with Weld fire agencies since, for whatever reason, they have stopped using SIMPLEX-1 for landings.

Radio programming issues or maybe operator error in all of this?

Airlife 911 had their act together and when they went on a call there was minimal problems with communications coordination. Since Banner canned Airlife 911 for Medevac there seems to always be a confusion factor on just about every call.

Time for the folks running the medevac show to take a serious look at this problem.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Which is S-TAC-D I'm always hearing this is it just the STAC ch or is something else.

Its not only air to ground comm they have problems with, they also have problems communicating with their dispatch. I never could understand why they wanted to be dispatched out of the Springs by AMR, I mean both Weld county and NCMC still have the capabilities to dispatch them. On occasion its not just MedEvac that has problems with air to ground, I have heard Airlife 72 have a couple of problems out in this area. Who knows, just wish they would get it figured out since it seams to be an ongoing problem, it gets to the point sometimes where they will land where they want to or they'll leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.