Larimer county parks frequency

ted1245

154.115 is listed as the frequency for larimer county parks but that was their conventional how do I find their digital frequency

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Looks like they're on State of Colorado DTRS. Parks 1 is listed as fully encrypted denoted by mode "DE" Parks 2 & 3 are listed as clear (mode "D")

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
915823c6DELarimerCo Parks1Parks 1Public Works
915923c7DLarimerCo Parks2Parks 2Public Works
917523d7DLarimerCo Parks3Parks 3Public Works

Rlahey

154.115 is listed as the frequency for larimer county parks but that was their conventional how do I find their digital frequency
Larimer CO has conventional frequencies as you mentioned, but they mainly run on the DTRS trunked system, and they run encrypted. The park rangers are law enforcement, so you more than likely wont be able to listen to them.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Like others said, Rangers are encrypted. Everything else on Parks 2 and Parks 3 is stuff like aquatic nuisance species cleaning, and camp hosts at Horsetooth.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Parks 2 is Horsetooth. Parks 1 isn't a specific location, it is for what I assume are the sworn law enforcement rangers. They roam all over the county going to the different open spaces. These are the ones who drive the county F150's with logos that look like the sheriff, but say ranger instead. They will even assist on bad crashes throughout the county, if they are near.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
I swear I heard some traffic on Parks 1 yesterday, btw. I thought it was fully encrypted.

Rlahey

I swear I heard some traffic on Parks 1 yesterday, btw. I thought it was fully encrypted.
I cant speak for Larimer radios specifically, as I dont know how they are programmed... but most program their radios to have a button to disable encryption, this can get bumped of switched and inadvertently disable encryption when you WANT to be encrypted.

KE0HIN

I cant speak for Larimer radios specifically, as I dont know how they are programmed... but most program their radios to have a button to disable encryption, this can get bumped of switched and inadvertently disable encryption when you WANT to be encrypted.
agreed and I hear traffic every now and then on other Law freq's that I still have loaded into my set ups rare but it happens