Larimer County Pursuit & C/G, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Wow surprised no one up North has posted yet.

Occured about midnight and ended in a crash 287 near Teds Place with chopper go, extrication and SBI reported.

O/F 154.280, 154.385, 155.340, DTRS, Online

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Bet he won't go that again.... =D

dougbaker

sorry for not posting

I heard most of it last night, but did not have easy access to computer and the smart phone was not being so smart last night.

anyway. I did not hear if the teen was wanted or had any prior criminal history.

I would think LCSO should consider their chase policies.

jfab

I heard most of it last night, but did not have easy access to computer and the smart phone was not being so smart last night.

anyway. I did not hear if the teen was wanted or had any prior criminal history.

I would think LCSO should consider their chase policies.
According to 9news, he was contacted as a suspicious vehicle, then took off.

I am usually all for getting the bad guy, but why chase him at 100mph+ when the only PC you have is a suspicious vehicle? Granted, there is probably alot more to the story than what 9news is giving me.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
There is always more to the story; From Ft Collins Newspaper

Initial reports from the sheriff's office indicated the man was 17, but Campanella said this morning that the man is actually 19.

Campanella said the deputy first made contact with the man, who is on probation, at 12:02 a.m. and that the man drove off at 12:03 a.m.

"The deputy followed, but did not immediately initiate a pursuit," Campanella said. "A pursuit was initiated after the deputy estimated the vehicle was traveling approximately 100 miles per hour."

Campanella also said the deputy began pursuing the driver because he learned the driver is on probation and prosecutors have filed to revoke that probation.

About five minutes after the pursuit began, the man lost control of the vehicle, crashing near Ted's Place. According to Sgt. Michael Allman with the Colorado State Patrol, which is investigating the accident, the pickup went off the left side of the road, down and back up an embankment, eventually coming to a stop on its roof more than 100 yards later.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.