Larimer County Sheriff tells Wellington not to form PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith writes Wellington residents - Don't form police department

Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith writes Wellington residents - Don't form police department - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

A Greeley patrol officer wants to make some money by coaxing the Wellington residents into forming their own police department (fashioned after the now defunct Berthoud PD - that alone spells trouble). The problem is that they would apparently be using old/used equipment and low paying officers. The sheriff says they would be better off with Sheriff patrols and response.

Hopefully some out of state troll won't come on here and ask how this post has anything to do with radio discussions here in Colorado...

So... I wonder where they would get their radio equipment from and what type they would be if they were to form a PD (which I doubt will happen right now)? Would it be old VHF or UHF radios or the DTRS ones?

teufler

Seems Wellington is a smaller geographic area. A single site vhf or uhf simplex would easily cover 6-7 miles in any direction. I would bet they go with vhf or uhf equipment and keep the costs down, unless Larimer county has more exotic radios that they would be inclined to talk with on mutual aid cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.