Larkspur Elementary School active shooter training

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Drill is being dispatched on TG-1063 (DC Fire Ops-9 - Training).

They said they may also use FG-10 (TG-1064) and 11 (TG-1065).

I am hearing it off of Cheyenne Mountain but only because a Wescott FD unit (RID 417583) is affiliated on Cheyenne Mountain on that TG.

dw2872

Haha, they are throwing everything at them on this drill.

They just said S Metro has a delayed response at 25 minutes out "due to a tornado" and the chopper had to make an emergent landing at Sky Ridge "due to weather".

They just suspended this evolution per "Training-161".

On top of that the closest Zone-1 DTRS site (104 - West Creek) that won't deny them like Zone-4 sites do is still down.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
On top of that the closest Zone-1 DTRS site (104 - West Creek) that won't deny them like Zone-4 sites do is still down.

I took a look at some of the simulated coverage maps we have for West Creek, I don't think Larkspur Elementary gets any coverage by the West Creek site due to being in the shadows of a mountain in between it and the site. I did a short logging session for West Creek and didn't see any affiliations with either the Ops channels being used. The best site for the area would be Silver Heights, Riley Peak, and the future Larkspur Simulcast site when they finally get it designed and built out.

As for agencies participating, I've seen a bunch of Larkspur, Castle Rock, and Franktown radios being used on the Ops-9 and Ops-11. Fireground-10 is a simplex frequency, listed as 857.2625 MHz NAC296 in the database. TG1064 is unassigned and not used on DTRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.