Larose Site Interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Since the new 700 freqs. were changed a few months back I have not been able to pickup the Larose site due to some continous static on that cc. I used to have this same issue in my area with hte Geismer Site before they changed those site fregs. After they changed the cc I no longer got the continous static on that cc. I can monitor the Geismer site with no problem now using the newer cc.
Before the CC was changed at Larose I was able to monitor it 24/7 with no problem. With the new CC I am having the same issue as I did with the Geimer site. I have the Larose site programmed along with all the other sites and when the scanner scans to Larose it breifly holds there for a second or two showing all five bars as though it is a very strong signal. If I hold on that channel then I receive an audible static.
I am in the Morgan City area. Now this pass weekend I went to New Orleans and as I drove ouside my area a little ways down 90 towards Amelia I was able to monitor Larose with no problem. So my thinking is something in my area has to be interferring with that particular freq overidding the Larose signal. Has anyone ever expericed such a thing and what can be done on the scanner menu to try and block it.

kevins669

Database Admin
From Morgan City, you are trying to monitor a site that is quite a distance away, with numerous other sites closer; frequencies (including CCs) are duplicated all over the state, and some are duplicated closer than others.

One of the CCs for Larose may be in use as a VC on a site closer to your location in Morgan City. The "bars" you are referring to only indicate a signal on that frequency, be it voice or data, as more agencies begin to use data on LWIN, i.e., JPSO.

Unfortunately, from your location, to avoid the issue, I would remove Larose from your scanlist.

Just as an FYI, I can receive the Larose tower from New Orleans, though with a low RSSI. There is nothing interfering from this direction :)

-- Kevin

teebee

Like I had mentioned before they changed the cc at Larose and Berwick I picked up Larose with no problem. I can still receive the Larose 800 system with no problem. It is when the new cc's were changed is when I could not receive Larose any longer. When I get a little ways from the Berwick area I loose the interferrence and recieve Larose perfect. I am beggining to beleive the Berwick Control Channel Freguency is overriding/interferring with the same freq that is used for the Larose CC. It only happens when you are in the general area. I can actually hold on the Larose freq. and hear a faint CC type noise with static

teebee

I have finally figured this whole problem I am having with CC from the Larose tower. I guess there is no way around it or a fix. Problem is the Berwick CC is 769.66875 and the Larose CC is 769.68125. Beings the freqs are so close together and given the fact I am close to the Berwick tower the Berwick CC is interferring with the same CC that Larose has. If Larose CC FREQ. would be further apart than the Berwick CC freq. I would have no problem picking the Larose tower up as I did in the past before they changed the Berwick CC. I can actually enter the following freqs. moving upwards from the Berwick CC 769.66875 / 769.6750 and 769.68125 (Larose CC) and monitor the Berwick tower. However if I move up one more step from the actual Larose CC to 769.6875 I can sometimes monitor Larose site using that Freq. because it is only one step from 769.68125 and does not get overriding from the Berwick site. Sorry for the long explanation but trying to make sense of this. Bottom line there is only two freq steps between the Berwick CC and Larose CC therefore causing the signal from Berwick cc to override the same freq as the Larose CC. I am sure there is not a setting in the scanner to get around this is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.