Larsen NMO150/450/758 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

I've been playing around with the 758 and 800 versions for a while now.

I currently do not have them hooked up to a scanner, but I do have them installed on my work truck. One is connected to an 800MHz trunking radio, the other to the VHF radio.
The flexible whip and the spring in the base have worked well hitting low branches and parking garages. The base seals well, like the rest of the Larsen line of antennas.
Considering using these at work for multiband radios. So far I'm happy with them.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have used this antenna with a mag mount for years with complete satisfaction. The newer version with the base spring seems to get good reviews. It is a quality product.

Reconrider

Have 3 of them, great products.
Bought mine off amazon and haven't had any issues

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
Got a hole drilled in my car recently and installed one of these. I've been very pleased with the performance so far on all bands, including an 800MHz simulcast system I monitor (currently have an SDS200 connected to it).

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine for a year or two. Solid antenna. Almost as good as a single band antenna in each of the ranges, from what I've seen.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty happy with mine, use it with my SDS-200 in my semi, very well built

jpb

Premium Subscriber
Strongly recommend the 150/450/758 (emphasis on 758 for the spring). Consider its performance as a quarter-wave (i.e., no gain), but it works on all bands extremely well, and better than expected at 700/800.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Strongly recommend the 150/450/758 (emphasis on 758 for the spring). Consider its performance as a quarter-wave (i.e., no gain), but it works on all bands extremely well, and better than expected at 700/800.

There is also the NMO-150/450/800SF that has a spring. It performs a bit better up in 900MHz.

The key is the "SF" that is the new model with the thin/flexible whip and spring.

The older NMO-150/450/800 had a slightly thicker whip and no spring, although you can purchase Larsen springs and install your own, but it does require cutting the bottom section of the whip.

Reactions: jpb
Status
Not open for further replies.