Las Cruces P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Direct from the City of Las Cruces Information Technology 2014 Strategic Plan:

The radio shop group continues to support the City’s aging 800 MHz EDACS system and is currently
planning on a P-25 upgrade for that system. The P-25 upgrade will bring interoperability to the system
along with digital communications. The first major phase of the upgrade will be to replace the radios
used by public safety.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that it'd be a complete separate system. When they talk about interoperability I think the county. El Paso may be a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Two different states entities and mindsets. They may patch link like the old past but it'll be a separate deal. I heard daso will also join the city of cruces. There looking at phase 2. But of course bids and budgets always play a role. One concern is system security I was told.

SCPD

QRT
Keep in mind anyone in the actual loop knows this past month motorola has been in the area and some good sells people with boogie man stories have been throwing E with no to minimal cost estimates and the terror tales of "hams" buying used surplus off ebay programming in tx/re equipment. From what I seen the upper public safety did not like this idea of people programming in TX tones and other /\/\ boogie man tales.

SCPD

QRT
Last visit /\/\ made was otero. There sticking vhf however two towns are considering DES full time use while county says no E. The towns if decided will use it regardless if county chooses not to. NM so is building out its astro system and there is also plans to have talk groups in cities with trunk systems on p25. Lea/Hobbs is also going p25 in a future date.

Status
Not open for further replies.