Las Vegas Metro PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

taijeil

Been listening to LVMPD for years now but since the start of October 2012 I haven't been able to hear any transmissions from anything related Metro PD. Does anyone have any idea why? Did they finally switch over to "open sky" or could it be an issue on my end? Any info would be a huge help. I seem to pick up everything else in the LV Valley just fine.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
LV Metro

Been listening to LVMPD for years now but since the start of October 2012 I haven't been able to hear any transmissions from anything related Metro PD. Does anyone have any idea why? Did they finally switch over to "open sky" or could it be an issue on my end? Any info would be a huge help. I seem to pick up everything else in the LV Valley just fine.

I think there's still a few things to hear, try 851.375 dcs 065 FM. And theres the dea channel 419.5. But mostly nothing on the scanner. So in the valley you have NLVPD, Marshalls, NHP,Boulder PD, Paiute PD,school police and Henderson PD. Unless somebody wants to feed online with one of those "Press issued" Opensky radios???

Hooligan

You must have smoked some bad rock or the taliban man snuck up & sabotaged your receiving setup, because as-of 5 hours ago today while I was having my late lunch at the Wynn, LVMPD was still simulcasting on their old VHF dispatch repeaters.

taijeil

You must have smoked some bad rock or the taliban man snuck up & sabotaged your receiving setup, because as-of 5 hours ago today while I was having my late lunch at the Wynn, LVMPD was still simulcasting on their old VHF dispatch repeaters.

Not sure whats going on. I havent done anything different with my scanner yet still no activity on any of metros channels.. What frequencies are you hearing them on?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I was at the Paris from Sept. 15 thru Sept. 29th and never heard any comms on any normal old VHF Metro channels (and I drank lots of beers, lol).
I did hear one VHF surv. frequency very active at times, however. Wonder what is on that 851.375 freq. Wonder what Hooligan is hearing?
The #1 thing I enjoyed to monitor was Milair, by far. They were quiet on weekends, however.
#2 was the lifeguards at the Paris pool. Very entertaining!
Bob

Dick33

Metro VHF simulcast has been dead for close to a month now. The only VHF Metro activity is channel 1 Info and Channel 9 Admin/Rural units.

Hooligan

I was definitely hearing activity one 1 & 9, but I sure thought I'd heard activity on the Bolden, SE & other patches too. I'm listening now to try to personally confirm/deny the other patches but the primary receiver is hooked-up to a 25-90MHz Yagi at the moment.

mdickerson17

I was definitely hearing activity one 1 & 9, but I sure thought I'd heard activity on the Bolden, SE & other patches too. I'm listening now to try to personally confirm/deny the other patches but the primary receiver is hooked-up to a 25-90MHz Yagi at the moment.
Most likely you were hearing those units on the info and admin channels. The VHF patches have been completely shut down for all other channels since september. Even now with them dumping the system their still not back on VHF. Sure can't wait till they do make the move to something new, and hopefully they won't be able to afford encryption since they've already wasted as much money as they have ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.