las vegas metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mary2

Last night (friday 2200 hours) I heard S.Central Dipatcher tell a unit to switch to Southern Highlands channel. Any ideas what channel and freq.???

Talked to someone later who told me metro is going to make a few changes: #9 South Highlands #10 Center Strip #11 Admin. #12 Tact. #13 Tact. Anyone know anything about this

ewink

I can't imagine them dedicating a whole channel to SoHi. Their isn't that much activity on SW down there to begin with!

As for Center Strip, I could see that, but doesn't make much sense to me. They already patch SC and SE, pretty much saying that their isn't enough traffic to even have two dispatchers full time on each channel!

I'll ask around though!

christenorio

I think as far as radio systems for lvmpd goes my opinoin is EDACS & P25 are the 2 best 800mhz radio systems

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of programming my 296 for a trip to LV. I understand there have been some changes in LVMPD channel line-ups and/or descriptions. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the latest channel line up for the LVMPD.

Thanks
David

ewink

One of METRO's new channels is 159.0000 which I believe is the Southern Highlands channel (as they were telling people to switch to it last night, and then I was hearing them on it) but at the same time it was being used for Safe Strip which also might make it the rumored Center Strip!

I spoke with the METRO watch commander and he told me that they do have 9 channels for the area commands (including two new area commands that don't actually exist yet), but they are really only using the 7 (SE, SW, DT, NE, NE, SC, BAC). He did say though that they were using one of the new channels for Safe Strip to free up TAC-1.

edgeman

I hear the bike patrol on 159.0000 but mostly on the weekends.

I'm also hearing traffic on 154.7250. 9.0000 - This frequency is licensed to Metro when I looked it up on the FCC website, but the dispatchers don't sound like them. Does anyone have any information on this frequency. ?

Thanks

Last edited:

TOUGHLIFE

154.725 is also Bullhead City PD in AZ which often can be heard in some parts of LV. Yes, it also licensed to Metro PD along with 154.7325 which you might see on your scanner display as 154.725. Detectives have been heard on the .7325 frequency.

TOUGHLIFE

Ducting causes VHF high band signals to travel greater distances than what they normally will do. This may be the cause. It is atmospheric related and comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.