Las Vegas taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

One busy taxi company in Las Vegas has a repeater on 152.720 146.2 Hz. The interesting thing is that the input frq to the repeater is a frq in the middle of the VHF Marine Band (156.255 - 157.425), 156.980 MHz.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I checked the ULS. The only active license in Clark County on 152.720 is a market wide paging license to Contact Communications. There is also a long cancelled license to Central Telephone Co.
I also searched 156.980 and found no licenses in Clark County.
So either the repeater is not in Clark County, or it may be unlicensed.

br0adband

Was just monitoring a few moments ago and heard what sounded like the Dispatcher doing his best to get a driver or whoever to switch their secondary radio to Ch 1, then their primary to Ch 1 also. I haven't heard traffic just yet that indicates it's a cab company (monitoring Desert Cab on their 855.4125 assignment doesn't show any cross-traffic) so... guess I'll just keep listening.

But if it's them (Desert Cab), they're certainly not licensed for it from what I can tell...

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
That was an old IMTS channel, Desert is likely leasing that channel from Contact.

Hmmm...but there is no license for the repeater input channel. Although the old IMTS pairing for the 152.720 repeater output would have 157.980 (whereas the OP said the input was 156.980).
Typo perhaps? OP?

The Contact license (WPVF821) is for Part 22 paging though, it's not an IMTS license. And the 156 input to the repeater is not in the range of their license.

Status
Not open for further replies.