Las Vegas VHF/UHF repeaters with good coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be out in Vegas this summer, planning on bringing at least two HTs with me for comms with another licensed member of my family, what good, open repeaters are there that are somewhat active? Planning on being on mostly UHF. Best 73s DE KC1IEG and TIA!

Mike-KC8OWL

Are you staying mostly on the strip or off-strip somewhere? That might also limit some choices. There are a lot of UHF machines out here.

I have an FT70D profile - if your are interested. I see you have one.

There are a couple Fusion machines machines - and one more new one with a high profile on the way that is not yet deployed.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
There's moderate activity on the Henderson Amateur Radio Club's repeater system that provides valley-wide coverage on a series of repeaters. The K Repeater group has quite a bit of activity, too. Check out K7RSW. It's on AllStar Link and P25, too. The WIN System is always squawking, but nothing worth listening to or participating in (unless you're into radio checks and people interrupting QSOs).

In all honesty, radio here is pretty quiet.

Mike-KC8OWL

449.550 is a new Fusion repeater on Apex Peak. It covers the whole valley and beyond with HT coverage. Definitely give it a try. It is linked to several other repeaters in the northern part of the state through the Carson Valley Radio Club. cvrcham.com

Kaleier1

From WHAT IS SYSTEM FUSION? | SystemFusion

"System Fusion is Yaesu’s implementation of Digital Amateur Radio, utilizing C4FM 4-level FSK Technology to transmit digital voice and data over the Amateur radio bands".

There is also D-Star.

It would make sense to see what digital mode is most popular or has the most repeaters in the areas where you are going to be using the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.