LaSalle Co, IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Got info from a County EMA member LaSalle Co Sherriff will go with 155.70 digital "ENC"......

MikeyC

Picking up some digital bursts on 155.7000 via close call near the county building. For now they're still on ClearTalk and 155.7000 analog.

nick223

Feed Provider
We'll see how well it works for them. The same Motrorola shop that started to try and switch Ottawa to the digital system had no clue and failed horrible at it. Now Its working better since they switch Motorola shops.

Im surprised with the County going ENC with the low radio budget they had. How about they get MDC's in all the vehicles first. lol

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I think these depts. are wasting time ENC and shutting out the public unless its real undercover work....Ottawa, ENC a traffic accident same as Joliet, what a joke....

nick223

Feed Provider
I agree, if enc was so important don't you think Chicago and ISP would enc their radios? Just another buck dealers and programmers can make.

I agree with Enc some Freqs like tac,detective channels but not every day radio traffic.

MikeyC

They're still using 155.7000 (114.8) for now but the digital burst can be heard even during their broadcasts.

KA9QPN

I'm not sure that the coverage issues have materially changed, either. Up here in the northeast, they are still using the UHF patch from the Lake Holiday Security office. Plus, the ClearTalk system does not work reliably as the closest site is in Sheridan and the northeast end of the county is low ground. The whole system is a kluge and no one seems to be really interested in paying to fix it. We also have to remind them periodically that there is life north of I-80.

MikeyC

155.7000 is licensed on 4 towers now (Ottawa, Mendota, Sheridan, and Leonore) so hopefully coverage will be better on the fringe areas of the county. I just hope that even though they're going MOTOTRBO that they stay unencrypted so monitoring is somewhat possible :)

nick223

Feed Provider
just seen this was added to RR but no pl/dpl/nac tone?

155.70000 159.03000 KSA521 RM LaS*Sheriff Sheriff: Primary (in use 8/14) DMR Law Dispatch

MikeyC

DMR systems don't have PLs, DPLs, or NACs. Currently they're still on ClearTalk and VHF analog but that all will be changing at some point.

This whole switch to MOTOTRBO is funny considering this article from last September

Sheriff's Dept. Upgrading Radios - WCMY3

Sheriff Tom Templeton says it will solve one problem all area police agencies have been working on for several years. It’s the lack of inter-operability.

Yeah they'll be on VHF with everyone else but none of the agencies that provide backup and assistance to them will be able to even monitor their primary communications. Also, if I remember correctly, Dixon Communications got fired by Ottawa after they botched Ottawa's P25 installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.