LASD Countywide CTAC1

jeremyapps

Hi all,

I’m listening to LASD and stumbled upon CTAC 1 and there’s a 10-33 with SCC and patch activated. Are they doing a training and is it common that they do that on CTAC. Thanks

jeremyapps

Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting too. I recorded some of them I will send them when I have the files. They had multiple scenarios of 10-29V FD and containment setups in the Lomita area.

jeremyapps

I've never heard training on and CTAC channels. The channel name (Countywide TACtical) implies wide area coverage which would usually not be the best for training.
Hey,

I got around to doing one of the scenarios. I put it on my Youtube so you can check it out here:

jrholm

Training is done on the STARS channels. It would be very odd for it to be on Ctac1. Now if an emergency develops on a tac channel can be picked up by a PSD at SCC, and it can be tied into a dispatch channel so the involved units don't have to worry about switching channels in the heat of things if needed.

jeremyapps

Training is done on the STARS channels. It would be very odd for it to be on Ctac1. Now if an emergency develops on a tac channel can be picked up by a PSD at SCC, and it can be tied into a dispatch channel so the involved units don't have to worry about switching channels in the heat of things if needed.
Same goes with LTAC correct? If they had an emergency while on LTAC, david can request SCC to patch LTAC in to the home dispatch channel

PaulNDaOC

Anytime there's going to be 10:33 role playing on an lasd frequency, SCC will put out a notification countywide by radio so people don't get excited.

It's possible that if the startac frequency for the area was already reserved that an A-Tac or C-Tac would be used subject to immediate termination if the frequency was needed for the real thing.

This role-playing can be beneficial both for deputy trainees as well as SCC trainees. During my time up there I did it several times and we used A-Tacs.