Status
Not open for further replies.

NX-74205

I've been monitoring LA Co Sheriff Dispatch 1 Altadena / Crescenta and I've heard 0 radio traffic including L-Tac 8 which is shared with Santa Clarita, anyone else notice or am I now in a dead zone ? I haven't been listening much, but I suspect they might be on C-Tac ?

andelliotsaid

I've been monitoring LA Co Sheriff Dispatch 1 Altadena / Crescenta and I've heard 0 radio traffic including L-Tac 8 which is shared with Santa Clarita, anyone else notice or am I now in a dead zone ? I haven't been listening much, but I suspect they might be on C-Tac ?
Station got disbanded with funding cuts. Surrounding stations are filling the gap

NX-74205

I know of the budget cuts, I can't believe they switched frequencies, repeaters are already installed and Paid for, they actually switched to another Dispatch freq, crazy.

xilix

Premium Subscriber

The Altadena and Marina Del Rey Sheriff's stations are not closing after all. IMHO, they were used as leverage during the budget cuts. But we're getting off topic. More about them staying open here.

As for radio traffic, there is sporadic maintenance occurring. I am told it was only supposed to last 10 days but they are now into it 2 weeks.
Channels can change daily. As I write this, Altadena is dispatched on CTAC-1 (482.8125 Mhz.)

PaulNDaOC

There have been mucho radio issues lately and stations have been dispatched on alternate tac channels. Norwalk Pico had to use Mutual Aid 3 severAl days last week after an issue.

I would suggest if this occurs that you check tac channels with a similar signal footprint such as Atac 1, and the mutual aid tac that covers the area. If you listen long enough on ABD you will catch it when SCC hails an Aero unit.

Aero125

LASD is undergoing narrowbanding. They are doing this station by station and assigning each to a tac channel temporarily during the process.

Doublea626

Ahh- I was wondering wth happened! I live in the Pasadena area, and last time there was radio silence like this, Pasadena PD hd gone encrypted. I have been hearing more traffic on the North Co. Tac if that's what you guys were talking about.

PaulNDaOC

LASD is undergoing narrowbanding. They are doing this station by station and assigning each to a tac channel temporarily during the process.
Thanks for that piece of info. I have been hearing the testing now for several days where at a given time units are being sent to pre-determined locations for radio tests periodically.
I figured out this was something more than just Puente Hills Nike going down on Disp 13, but had no idea it was narrowbanding.
Usually when narrowbanding is put in place the signal footprint shrinks. I hope that is not an issue here.

Doublea626

I'm hearing radio traffic back on Altadena, but that station and a few others have tons of noise. Getting the same results on a few different antennas.

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
With LASD narrowbanding their UHF Channel 16 channels, has anyone heard any differences in coverage from what it had been previously with wide band versus the new narrowband channels? I understand that this is a work in progress as the updating teams go through the County for the mobiles and portables and the mountaintop equipment is completed.

officer_415

Database Admin
I guess LA is pretty confident that the FCC will drop the T-band give back requirement, with LASD narrowbanding and ICI and LA-RICS using T-band freqs for their P25 systems...

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
L-TAC 2 has been down for two days now, so I'm guessing they are working on the South LA and Catalina repeaters for narrowbanding. Avalon Station was using S-TAC 4 yesterday, but today ran into some units using S-4 for a warrant search. Haven't heard them since and didn't hear an announcement for "switch to ____."
Seems relatively easy for ISD to go to each station and reprogram radios and repeaters... but OC can't do that to get fire comms in the clear. (*eye roll*)

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
Sheriff's Radio Services is doing the reprogramming of mobiles and exchanging of portables at the stations. ISD is doing the mountaintop narrowbanding of the repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.