LASD Drug busts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cressida81

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
158
Location
Rowlett, TX
in the investigative channels i've been hearing them bust buyers all afternoon. If anyone sees this post this afternoon check freq 483.7573 Its pretty awesome. They are making arrests every 15 min or so.
 

Mick

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
2,483
Location
Western U.S.
483.7375 vs. 483.7573

Hello. That might be the LASD Valley Detectives channel on 483.7375 MHz channel.

Other good LASD detectives channels:
483.3375 Detectives North
483.5125 Detectives East
483.6125 Detectives South
483.6625 Detectives Central
483.8125 Detectives West
 

mkewman

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
1,574
Location
Sacramento County, California
if you're hearing something (especially buy busts) DO NOT POST THE FREQUENCY AND SAY WHEN IT'S HAPPENING.

thats a really bad idea... officers could become endangered if some smart drug dealer read it online and decided to "take care" of the officers.

it's ok to post frequencies, just don't say when they're doing buy busts.
 

Cressida81

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
158
Location
Rowlett, TX
mkewman said:
if you're hearing something (especially buy busts) DO NOT POST THE FREQUENCY AND SAY WHEN IT'S HAPPENING.

thats a really bad idea... officers could become endangered if some smart drug dealer read it online and decided to "take care" of the officers.

it's ok to post frequencies, just don't say when they're doing buy busts.
criminals arn't that smart, people who buy drugs are even less smart. And if someone had the thought to search the internet to find out if there was a drung bust going on in their area they might already be high, or in the slim chance the criminal has half a brain, they have their own scanner and are already aware...
 

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 16, 2000
Messages
7,501
Location
Sitting in an airport somewhere
Cressida81 said:
criminals arn't that smart, people who buy drugs are even less smart. And if someone had the thought to search the internet to find out if there was a drung bust going on in their area they might already be high, or in the slim chance the criminal has half a brain, they have their own scanner and are already aware...
He is correct and it is a possibility scanner use could be involved. Regardless, it's just nice to wait a day after it happens. Generally real-time information is frowned upon in most scanner communities. You have to think of the officers in this case.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Cressida81 said:
criminals arn't that smart, people who buy drugs are even less smart. And if someone had the thought to search the internet to find out if there was a drung bust going on in their area they might already be high, or in the slim chance the criminal has half a brain, they have their own scanner and are already aware...
I work in Law Enforcement and find your first two comments completely incorrect. YOu want to know how many crack heads I run into that have scanners and listen on a daily basis? The answer is many.
 

mkewman

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
1,574
Location
Sacramento County, California
kma371 said:
I work in Law Enforcement and find your first two comments completely incorrect. YOu want to know how many crack heads I run into that have scanners and listen on a daily basis? The answer is many.

exactly, was hitler stupid? no. evil, and insane, but smart. was bin laden stupid? no. incredibly smart. evil yes, stupid no.


underestimating criminals is the dumbest thing anyone can do.
 

Cressida81

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
158
Location
Rowlett, TX
that was my point. if they have a scanner they already know... who searches the internet for "drug busts in my area".?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top