Laso - in the clear today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No birdie chirps today. Sounds like they are having CAD issues and it could be either 4 hrs to 4 days to fix the problem. Not sure if all of this CAD issues and LASO being completely in the clear is part of testing for LA-RICS. Not sure if its related or not.

Enjoy the clear air-waves............... It sure is a breath of clean fresh air.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
What channel are you listening to? I turned on D5 and heard the chirps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrholm

It was a major power issue at SCC. They were down for about 20 hours, all stations were on self dispatch.

rananthony04

I happened to be monitoring LASO when SCC began to take over and I heard 2 "welcome back" responses from deputies. It almost sounded like they were relieved.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Power issues doesn't always mean 'from the street'. Many times the power issue is a blown transformer in the facility between the power mains (and the generator transfer switch) and the load, or in the transfer switch gear itself (been there for those problems many times in my career).

A 20 hour outage says to me it was something within the facility that had to be acquired and replaced.

Last edited:

scottyhetzel

Power issues doesn't always mean 'from the street'. Many times the power issue is a blown transformer in the facility between the power mains (and the generator transfer switch) and the load, or in the transfer switch gear itself (been there for those problems many times in my career).

A 20 hour outage says to me it was something within the facility that had to be acquired and replaced.

Thanks , I was trying to understand the situation since I'm electrician. We use fluke thermal imager to check heat on units so we can see the fail happening before it's a fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.