Latah County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgf15

Complete newbie here looking to get set up to scan in Latah County. I had previously listened to the feed on here but it seems like it's been discontinued so I bought a bcd436hp. The user manual is not the best, but I did manage to run sentinel and program some favorites lists.

The problem is the only freq that has anything on it is the moscow police dispatch. I live rural and mainly bought the unit for fire dispatch and sheriff dispatch "Latah SO dispatch" (for real time forest fire updates when needed). Neither of those have any traffic and I've been listening for a couple days now. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

Borgf15

Hi and thanks for responding. I had figured it out this morning actually. I hadn't seen the page you linked to, but had been looking at this page which matched up with the sentinel database: Latah County, Idaho (ID) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The sheriff dispatch was not using the CTCSS as listed on that page so I just changed it to "all/search" and that worked. Same with the Moscow fire dispatch. I only figured that out after performing a custom search and seeing that the Latah SO dispatch freq was being used without CTCSS. An additional problem I ran into was that "fire talk" was off in my scanner and the moscow fire dispatch was listed on that page as well as the sentinel database as fire talk instead of fire dispatch. I think I'm good to go now.

On the page you linked to, can you explain what the following columns mean? Units, Pag, Code, Svc

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.