Late to the game...Waterloo Region EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
To my surprise I am able to monitor the Waterloo Region EDACS system from Hamilton. Comes in well day and nite.

I'm wondering if anyone here can explain a few things to me:

Waterloo Region Police-does the WRPS use soft ids like the OPP or do they have individual police units like Toronto? I hear Central "Echo or Romeo cars in division 3, the rural north division.

Cedarwoods. I cant hear this Fleetnet tower unless I am close to Waterloo Region, it blows my mind that I am 65 km away and its easy to monitor.

I'll do some research in the forum myself. I guess this is one of the last Police systems left that we can monitor.

bwjmackie

Waterloo Region Police-does the WRPS use soft ids like the OPP or do they have individual police units like Toronto? I hear Central "Echo or Romeo cars in division 3, the rural north division.

Yes, they use soft IDs. For normal patrol units, they take the form of "Division" / "Zone" / "Unit" / "Platoon".

Other types of units have other forms of callsigns. Some, in particular patrol sergeants (I think - this may not be the case any longer), K-9, ERU, Ident, detectives, all use individual IDs.

More information:
Live Waterloo Region Air Traffic Control, Police and EMS

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Thank u. I wrote some of the zone stuff here years ago.

I vaguely remember the 900 series codes when Halton PS still were monitorable.

I never even thought of monitoring Waterloo Region. As mentioned, I have height here and only the escarpment to play spoiler so I'm guessing that the towers for this system, Maybe they are in Cambridge, closest to Hamilton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.