BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Latest Firmware update slot mixup

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa_p

Anyone else getting broadcast on slot one coming threw on slot two when programmed DMR One Frequency?

Just after the firmware update I am getting the occasional broadcast that should be on slot one coming out on slot two.

racingfan360

Is the transmission you're listening to simplex DMR, the uplink of a repeater system, or the downlink/base transmission?

Ubbe

It's always been like that and is the same with the whistlers. It used to hold on until the user stopped talking but now it's much improved and notice quickly that something isn't right so you only get a second or two until it corrects itself. Is this what you notice or is the slot mixup carrying on for a longer time?

/Ubbe

papa_p

It's always been like that and is the same with the whistlers. It used to hold on until the user stopped talking but now it's much improved and notice quickly that something isn't right so you only get a second or two until it corrects itself. Is this what you notice or is the slot mixup carrying on for a longer time?

/Ubbe

All transmission used to come out on slot one but now sometimes the transmissions come out on slot 2. If I avoid slot 2 I will miss the odd transmission. Down the road I want to keep the conversations on each slot separate and be able to hold on one slot without missing part of the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you considered the possibility that talkgroups may not be locked to a particular slot? Don't filter by slot, filter by talkgroup ID.

papa_p

Have you considered the possibility that talkgroups may not be locked to a particular slot? Don't filter by slot, filter by talkgroup ID.

They use the same talk group ID on both slots but keep their conversations separate on each slot.

papa_p

This is a fire department. They use the same talk group ID system wide. They use slot 1 for satiation 1 and slot 2 for station 2. I want the scanner to display the correct station transmitting.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That is a really stupid way to configure the system. Unlike the slot data itself, the DMR slot ID broadcast between slots has no error correction, so trying to filter traffic by slot ID is always going to be problematic. The correct way to configure a system is to segregate traffic by talkgroup ID rather than slot ID, or there will always be errors of the type you are describing. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about other people's incompetence.

papa_p

That is a really stupid way to configure the system. Unlike the slot data itself, the DMR slot ID broadcast between slots has no error correction, so trying to filter traffic by slot ID is always going to be problematic. The correct way to configure a system is to segregate traffic by talkgroup ID rather than slot ID, or there will always be errors of the type you are describing. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about other people's incompetence.

Good to know it’s not the scanner. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.