Latest firmware version for the UBCD536-PT Australian version.

Hi,
if there are any Australian owners of the 536-PT scanner, can you please let me know your firmware version. And have you had any updates since owning your scanner, if so is it the latest.
Mine 536 is about 4 years old and firmware is 1.23.02 and it’s never had a update or there has never been a update available from the Australian version of Sentinel or Uniden Aust. I still do check for new F/W every week.

Thanks.

Last edited:

n3617400

last australian versions on uniden update site:
UBCD536-PT_V1_23_02.bin from 20.07.18
UBCD436-PT_V1_23_02.bin from 20.07.18

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to but in on this thread, but I am considering buying a UBCD536PT.
Can anyone advise if Proscan is compatible with this model?

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I now have my UBCD536PT but havent had any luck getting it to work on Proscan yet.
Having to use Sentinel

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I find Sentinel lacking in a lot of areas, compared to Proscan.
In particular being able to remotely control the radio.

Ubbe

I now have my UBCD536PT but havent had any luck getting it to work on Proscan yet.
Having to use Sentinel
It doesn't work. Proscan needs to be modified to use another file structure on the SD card, as explained in the other thread.

What you can do in the meantime, while waiting for a new Proscan version, are to install the US version of Sentinel, choose another file location for it during the install process.

1. Connect your USB cable to the scanner and select mass storage mode.
2. Rename the folder ubcdx36 to BCDx36HP.
3. Use the US version and read the scanner.
4. Edit the configuration as you normally would do and program the scanner.
5. Edit the name of the BCDx36HP folder on the SD card to ubcx36.
6. Select to securely disconnect the drive that holds the SD card.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

I wrote Sentinel but you use Proscan so do step 1,2, use Proscan, 4,5,6 to be able to use your PT scanner with Proscan. Virtual display and remote control could be a problem as Proscan probably verifies the model type response from the scanners data stream to what you have selected in Proscan. So that also needs to be modified in the Proscan software.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In particular being able to remotely control the radio.
The logging in ProScan should work. Set the Scanner Type to BCD536HP.

On the UBCD536PT Favorites Editor support, I'll try to get this in a future update.
Can you advise on what the scanner root folder is showing like in this image?

Untitled.png

Also can you view the f_list.cfg file with a text editor and advise on the 1st line. Does it show -> TargetModel BCDx36HP or something else?

Last edited:

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Couple of answers:

The root folder shows as BCDx36HP if I rename it as such, otherwise it is ubcdx36

The TargetModel is BCDx36HP with either of the above names.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
if there are any Australian owners of the 536-PT scanner, can you please let me know your firmware version. And have you had any updates since owning your scanner, if so is it the latest.
Mine 536 is about 4 years old and firmware is 1.23.02 and it’s never had a update or there has never been a update available from the Australian version of Sentinel or Uniden Aust. I still do check for new F/W every week.

Thanks.

Just had a look at mine and it has the same firmware 1.23.02
Bought new last week.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you email me the request. That way I can send you test files when ready. I have many items to do before I can look at this.

Per the proscan.org Bug Reporting and Suggestions link
Suggestions

If you have suggestions, send an email to support@proscan.org One suggestion per email. The advantage of email is that I can ask additional questions to make sure the suggestion is done right and send you the latest ProScan file with the suggestion implemented. Priority is given to suggestions received initially via email. Put "suggestion" or "request" in the Subject line.