Latest KF4LNE fixed station pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4lne

these are the pics since I have moved to my new house.

Top Row: Audiovox FRS radios, Motorola SP50(154.6), Kenwood TH77A, Radio Shack clock, Radio Shack FRS/GMRS "Base" radio, Heathkit "Twoer" 2 meter AM radio.
Middle Row: Cobra 29 CB Radio, Icom IC2100 2 meter radio (w/ motorola desk mic) Radio Shack SAME WX radio
Bottom Row: PC Speaker, Realistic DX-100 HF receiver, Pro-2039 scanner, Nortel phone

This shack extends to another desk off to the right, but that is still under construction. I will post a pics as soon as its complete. Everything here can be operated from 12VDC and is powered by a bank of three Peterbilt truck batteries. the computer is running Linux and due to my location I am using a satellite ISP and have rgeat results since I am using one that designed their system from the ground up to provide broadband. I have a "server" grade continous duty 500 watt UPS to keep AC power up during outages and I have up to 6 amps available at 6VDC. The antennas outside consist of a Tram 1470 for 2 meters, a AS MONR33 scanner antenna and a AS Mosaic 5/8 wave w/ home brew ground radial kit for WX. its dark so there are no pics available of the antennas right now. more pics coming soon.

Attachments

• dispatchcenter.jpg
    dispatchcenter.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited:

kf4lne

They had a bit too much weight on them in storage while i got everything set up, they should flatten back out in a few days, they are fairly resiliant shelves. If not, I have steel bars and some bolts that will solve that sagging problem ;)

R

Rayjk110

What radio does the base mic (Motorola?) go to. You'll get really good audio outta those.

kf4lne

its connected to the IC 2100 2 meter radio, and it does give really good audio. I love that mic, and as soon as i figure a way to make one work with a MFJ 6m SSB rig I will use the other one on it. MFJ rig uses low imp mic so I am going to have to find a way to phantom power the /\/\ mic.

R

Rayjk110

Ah OK.

Both of my Moto Spectra's and Maxtracs use one as well. Right now they're all wired up to old Centracom2 Dispatch Console Foot-pedals, which is more conveinent for me to use/multitask.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
kf4lne said:
.. the computer is running Linux and due to my location I am using a satellite ISP and have rgeat results since I am using one that designed their system from the ground up to provide broadband.
Which ISP is that?

kf4lne

WildBlue. They use 20/30GHz with DOCSIS technology, its IP over RF instead of this IP packed into a Digital Broadcast Video packet and decoded at great processor exspense on each end like Direcway and several others use. its suitable for VPN and i do use it for that often. Except for the half second of latency its just like cable, and by running my own in house DNS server it makes the latency issue that much less noticable. it works great.

dangitdoug

Lotsa good stuff there! You guys gotta stop the blurred pics though. My wife is getting tired of me stealing her glasses and having a little extra wine to see them clearly. She says if I keep it up, she's going to leave me.

Dang, I'm gonna miss her. Back to the wine and scanners.................

kf4lne

And again, more shack updates...

Top: /\/\otorola SP50, kenwood TH77A, RS SAME WX Radio, grundig YB300PE, heathkit HW-30 "Twoer"
Mid: RS Pro-2039, Icom 2100, Cobra 29, /\/\otorola UHF Moxy
Bot: Realistic DX-100, RS FRS "base" Radio, Nortel phone.

The Motorola desk mic goes to the IC 2100 and the Motorola hand mics go to the Cobra 29 and the Moxy. I am still running cables for the other half of the shack, but it includes a Hallicrafters S40, a xtal controlled airband radio with several area frequencies installed (RX only) and a couple of old Johnson single channel commercial radios with various amateur frequencies. More pics coming soon.

Attachments

• newshack.jpg
    newshack.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 882
Status
Not open for further replies.