latest KF4LNE mobile updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4lne

This is the updated install for the KF4LNE mobile station. it includes a IC 2200H 2M Amateur rig, RS Pro 83 scanner loaded with frequencies for just about everywhere I go on a regular basis, a bearcat 16 channel mobile scanner loaded with the national forest, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Great Smokeys ranger frequencies as well as the local county FD and SD frequencies and a Cobra 19 "travelling companion" mounted on top of the Bearcat. The CB is mounted in teh car but the antenna is stored in the back seat until needed. In the event I need the CB for something I can always toss the antenna on the roof. My antennas consist of a PCTEL AS 5/8 Wave NMO mount on a Cushcraft trunk lip mount, a motorola 1/4 wave VHF antenna for the Bearcat (everything in it is hi-band) mounted on an "L" bracket on the drivers side of the trunk and for the Pro-83 I have a MFJ dual-band 2m/70cm antenna right behind the Motorola antenna that can also be connected to the Kenwood TH77A and used for a x-band repeater for hiking and camping and such where i need something with a bit more range than the average portable.

Attachments

• dcp_0031.jpg
    dcp_0031.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 843

kf4lne

Hows this? I know the image is a bit poor, but it shows the general idea. The penguin was a gift from someone close and it has managed to stay in the back dash for the past 4 years. The PCTEL antenna has been with me since September of 1996 and the MFJ since march of 1998. The motorola antenna has been with me since last year when it replaced the other motorola 1/4 wave that I had only had for a few years.

Attachments

• dcp_0032.jpg
    dcp_0032.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.