Latest library version update

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpwx694

psr 800 Latest library version update

they just added new talkgroups to TxWARN P25 in houston on the rr database, i tried to update my psr 800 for the new talkgroups and i click update on ez program it says i have the latest update and it does not add the new talkgroups

is the lastest library version 177?

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
they just added new talkgroups to TxWARN P25 in houston on the rr database, i tried to update my psr 800 for the new talkgroups and i click update on ez program it says i have the latest update and it does not add the new talkgroups

Any changes in the database here are only made available to your software once per week.

I think that is on Saturday for the PSR-800 and on Monday for the Uniden HP-1. So any changes made after those days must wait until the database is made available to the software up to a week later.
Say GRE pulls the database at exactly midnight on Friday night, then a database admine makes a database change at midnight and one minute, that change will not reflect in the scanner for at least a week.
If it is a simple change, you can always add it in manually using the EZ-Scan software but if a lot of changes were made, it may be best to just wait a week for the official release to become available to the software.

I'm sure there is a reason the database is only updated in the software once per week. I don't know the answer to that one though other than maybe to conserve bandwidth useage which could be great if everyone updated their radios every day!
I have seen mid week updates before for GRE and Unidens but that is rare and was only done when some type of bad data snuck into the scanners software version of the database. I think I've only seen that happen once or twice at that.

IowaGuy1603

I believe you have to manually (as in through library import) add any new talkgroups after you have done the update

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Updates

When you perform the weekly update you update the database automatically NOT your V Folders. If you want to use the new data you have to import it into each V Folder that contains the system you want to update. You can set it to import only the changes and even set it up not to overwrite the name that you already have or you can import the entire system again. Warning if you do that you will have to go over every talk group again to set your back light and LED settings.

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
It's 9:43 PM Sunday and I'm still seeing version 177 as the latest. 23 Feb 13. So there must be a database or server problem. Then there is always the HI problem, human interface. Ha!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's 9:43 PM Sunday and I'm still seeing version 177 as the latest. 23 Feb 13. So there must be a database or server problem. Then there is always the HI problem, human interface. Ha!

I can recall in the past where updates would be a week late almost. It's been a while since I've seen that though.

Sometimes updates are pulled also if they are found to have corrupt data.
They usually replace them within a couple days.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
When did they finally release 178?
I'd not checked since this thread until tonight and noticed that I did finally get 178.

Status
Not open for further replies.