Latest N9JIG Radio Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydcg2003

I wish i could get my hands on some CDM1250's for my car to use with the fire service. All in all very nice setup. I wish i had the pocket book for all that stuff.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The shelving and desktops are "Elfa" brand from The Container Store. While Menards and Home Depot sell similar (and cheaper) stuff, the Elfa is more durable and stronger.

That is some really nifty shelving. I've been doing some research on it since your reply and I'm thinking that it may be the ideal solution for me. I have been through quite a few "crap" pieces of furniture and I'm sick of replacing it every few years. The shack is in a location where a nice piece of furniture such as what Lindsay has is not really ideal. This stuff looks perfect for what I want to accomplish, and it would get everything right in front of me.

I've got to do some more research, as the nearest Container Store to me is about 75 miles away. Fortunately, this stuff is on sale until 2/9, so it appears the near future is a good time to act. Installing this shelving will also make for my most aesthetically pleasing shack thus far, as I can dump the wiring right out through the wall behind where the shelves will be, mount my multicouplers on the wall in the workbench/utility room area of my basement, and keep things nice and neat.

Thanks for the insipration, Rich! Your setup looks fantastic; I'm sure it brings you countless hours of enjoyment.

N9JIG

Sheriff
One advantage of this method is a 1 inch gap from the wall to the shelf on account of the verticals, ideal for wiring.

Get some white plastic wire tubes (also sold at the Container Store) and white or clear wire ties and really hide the wires. This is next on my list of projects...

That is some really nifty shelving. I've been doing some research on it since your reply and I'm thinking that it may be the ideal solution for me. I have been through quite a few "crap" pieces of furniture and I'm sick of replacing it every few years. The shack is in a location where a nice piece of furniture such as what Lindsay has is not really ideal. This stuff looks perfect for what I want to accomplish, and it would get everything right in front of me.

I've got to do some more research, as the nearest Container Store to me is about 75 miles away. Fortunately, this stuff is on sale until 2/9, so it appears the near future is a good time to act. Installing this shelving will also make for my most aesthetically pleasing shack thus far, as I can dump the wiring right out through the wall behind where the shelves will be, mount my multicouplers on the wall in the workbench/utility room area of my basement, and keep things nice and neat.

Thanks for the insipration, Rich! Your setup looks fantastic; I'm sure it brings you countless hours of enjoyment.

paramedszaf

For what it's worth (and I'll post pics) I have some similiar shelving that RESEMBLES what N9JIG has on his walls at the local home improvement. The tracks come in varying legnth and the supports can be a compressed fiber laminant board or wire shelving.

Just thought I figured I'd throw out there..

N9JIG

Sheriff
For what it's worth (and I'll post pics) I have some similiar shelving that RESEMBLES what N9JIG has on his walls at the local home improvement. The tracks come in varying legnth and the supports can be a compressed fiber laminant board or wire shelving.

Just thought I figured I'd throw out there..

I did buy some of the Menards version of the shelving and it is fine for lighter duty use. The home store shelves are typically 1/2 inch thick while the Elfa is 3/4. The Elfa laminate is also noticeably thicker and more durable. While the Menards brackets will fit on the Elfa risers, and you can fit the risers on the joist supports, the measurements of the slots for the brackets are slightly off, as are the brackets themselves. This means that you can't mix and match, you must segregate the different bracket series.

If you look carefully at the shelves in my pictures you will notice that the shelf with the PRO2096 is a Menard's shelf while the lower two shelves are Elfa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.