• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Latest XTS3000 CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What is the latest version of CPS for the XTS3000? I have version 05.02.00, but apparently there is newer, according to the error message I get.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so I am trying the latest version 05.03.00. When I try to read the radio, it behaves as if it is reading it, and I get an error message about the codeplug not being compatible with this version of CPS, and that I need to upgrade to the latest CPS. It is the same error I got when I tried using version 05.02.00.

What might be causing this, as I already have supposedly the latest version?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Okay, so I am trying the latest version 05.03.00. When I try to read the radio, it behaves as if it is reading it, and I get an error message about the codeplug not being compatible with this version of CPS, and that I need to upgrade to the latest CPS. It is the same error I got when I tried using version 05.02.00.

What might be causing this, as I already have supposedly the latest version?

Just my two cents maybe try making a new codeplug and see if it works if that works then you know that the codeplug you're trying to use is messed up.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just my two cents maybe try making a new codeplug and see if it works if that works then you know that the codeplug you're trying to use is messed up.

Not trying to load a codeplug, just read the radio.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Are you certain you are using Astro portable for XTS3000 and Astro sabre and not the mobile version for Astro spectra?

Lots of info still needed:

What version of Windows are you running?
Are you using a rib box, or ribless cable?
Are you using a true serial port, or a USB-serial converter?
Are you using the correct port?

Paul

Keep in mind that this software won't run on Windows 8, or newer. Also, it's 50/50 on Windows 7. I've been able to run it on Windows 7 using Windows XP Mode. Best result was purchasing an older machine at a thrift store (Windows XP) with a true serial port, and running it on that. I think I spent around $30 for the computer. Just my two cents.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that this software won't run on Windows 8, or newer. Also, it's 50/50 on Windows 7. I've been able to run it on Windows 7 using Windows XP Mode. Best result was purchasing an older machine at a thrift store (Windows XP) with a true serial port, and running it on that. I think I spent around $30 for the computer. Just my two cents.

Windows XP
Ribless cable
I've tried both a serial port and a USB to Serial converter
Yes, it's the correct port; when I click to download from the radio, the radio beeps and displays "SERVICE" in the display (sometimes).

The software behaves as if it's downloading; but then the CPS logo appears on the screen, and in the lower left corner it displays "Creating Database", then a popup window displays and says that the current CPS doesn't support the codeplug, and that I need to get the latest CPS.

And yes, I'm using "Astro Saber & XTS3000 CPS" (R05.03.00, red icon) and not the "Astro 25 Portable CPS" (blue icon).

And, I have a UHF XTS3000 that I can read the codeplug just fine with this same software/cable/PC arrangement.

K4RMN

That Ribless cable is possibly messing things up for you, those things are hit and miss, moreso on the miss side, with those counterfeit Chinese chips.

Get a $2 serial card off ebay and a proper RIB and an FTDI chip programming cable while you're at it. I recommend this vendor, I have done business with him before and his XTS3000 cable works great, as does this XTS5000 cable: FTDI Programming Cable Motorola XTS1500 XTS2250 XTS2500 XTS4250 XTS5000 USB M5K | eBay

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What's the Model # on the XTS? It could be an XTS3000R which has it's own software I believe.

Model number is H09UCH9PW7BN

I have since located a RIB box and cable; it made no difference; same problem.

Also tried two different ribless cables, same issue.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
XTS3000 Type III 800 MHz, so should work. What's your serial settings? (Baud, etc.)

9600 BPS; 8 Data bits; 1 stop bit; Flow Control none.

This same arrangement works fine with a UHF XTS3000.

The problem must be in the codeplug, too bad I can't just erase it.

All my other PC's have Windows 10, I have only one running Windows XP. (Panasonic Tough Book CF-29)

K4RMN

9600 BPS; 8 Data bits; 1 stop bit; Flow Control none.

This same arrangement works fine with a UHF XTS3000.

The problem must be in the codeplug, too bad I can't just erase it.

All my other PC's have Windows 10, I have only one running Windows XP. (Panasonic Tough Book CF-29)

Hmmm....well if you're just trying to erase the radio so you can get it into a programmable state to start over with, then I would just look around for 800 MHz XTS3000 codeplugs until you find one that is a flashcode match that you can load into your CPS version, then clone it in.

That will at least wipe the radio back to a technically usable state in terms of read/write and give you something you can tweak.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm....well if you're just trying to erase the radio so you can get it into a programmable state to start over with, then I would just look around for 800 MHz XTS3000 codeplugs until you find one that is a flashcode match that you can load into your CPS version, then clone it in.

That will at least wipe the radio back to a technically usable state in terms of read/write and give you something you can tweak.

That's what I was thinking for the next step.

Does the flashcode have to match exactly?
Mine is (supposedly) 540008-000480-6

Status
Not open for further replies.