red8

I have picked up some traffic on the Latie System on TG
ID 5021. I believe it is Troop A, And I also recieved some traffic on
TGID 65500 radio technicians, I sure will be glad when the system
is complete for Troops A and B.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
red,

I went ahead and changed that TG from "Unkown" to "Troop A?" in the DB. I am wondering if the entire lower 5000's might not be for patches to current systems, but I am just wildly speculating here.

We recently got a couple of new sites submitted but we are building up quite a lot of sites that are UNK in location. For those of you submitting them based on searching with your Uniden scanners please try and give a rough idea of where they may be, at least submit where you were when you heard the site. Thanks.

red8

Hey Lou,
I was at my house listening to my 396 when I received the transmission. A lot of times I have picked up traffic on the Latie from
New Orleans, and Plaquemines Parish also sitting at the house here
in Denham

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yeah red, I really wasn't talking about TG submissions. I meant new site submissions. We just got two new ones recently and have no idea what part of the state they are in.

As for you getting the traffic in DS, I suspect that there are a lot of people in BR who are getting these radios and start playing with them. They end up hearing something while tuning around and let them sit there for awhile. This is fine for us scanner-heads ( :lol: ) but the system administration will sooner or later start to enforce some "rules" about monitoring things from far away. Of course while in testing mode this is a good way to ensure that the network is up and running properly.

red8

Ok Lou,
I am currently picking up traffic on the Buras tower site, I checked
the frequency on the database for the tower site. I hope I am starting
to get the hang of it? The frequency was 764.91875, the tower number is 105. The TGID I believe is assigned to an agency out of the
Troop B area

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
red8 said:
Ok Lou,
I am currently picking up traffic on the Buras tower site, I checked
the frequency on the database for the tower site. I hope I am starting
to get the hang of it? The frequency was 764.91875, the tower number is 105. The TGID I believe is assigned to an agency out of the
Troop B area
Are you still talking about TG 5021 or another one?

As I said before, I suspect that the 5000's may be patch groups from existing non-P25 systems. I know that 5031 was NOPD (at least it was). The only thing anyone can do in trying to ID what a TG is carrying in traffic is to monitor (or record) the TG and listen to what, who, and where they are talking about. For example (a little off topic) the initial way that it was discovered that the St. Bernard parish public safety folks had moved over to the JPSO system was that someone recognized a fire dispatch with an engine number and location that didn't fit with Jeff Parish. More monitoring narrowed it down to St. Bernard.

N5PCX

loumaag said:
Are you still talking about TG 5021 or another one?

As I said before, I suspect that the 5000's may be patch groups from existing non-P25 systems. I know that 5031 was NOPD (at least it was). The only thing anyone can do in trying to ID what a TG is carrying in traffic is to monitor (or record) the TG and listen to what, who, and where they are talking about. For example (a little off topic) the initial way that it was discovered that the St. Bernard parish public safety folks had moved over to the JPSO system was that someone recognized a fire dispatch with an engine number and location that didn't fit with Jeff Parish. More monitoring narrowed it down to St. Bernard.

Lou

I am sure that 5031 is NOPD Dist 5 in fact. Not %100 sure about the 5th Dist., but I am sure about NOPD.
I also have been monitoring Latie durng the day for the past 2 weeks, and have heard
26502,26504 plus the LASP tgid's that you have upgraded in the db. There has been plenty of activity duing the daytime in the city. I'm not sure, but 26502,26504 tgid's might be National Guard...I hear them in the 9th Ward and New Orleans East. I'll get back with more info.

Wes

kevins669

Database Admin
So far, I have been able to verify the following groups linked to NOPD.

5031 NOPD DISP-1
41804 NOPD DISP-2
41805 NOPD DISP-3

At one point last week, 41804 was linked to DISP-4, but has been changed to DISP-2.

Kevin

N5PCX

kevins669 said:
So far, I have been able to verify the following groups linked to NOPD.

5031 NOPD DISP-1
41804 NOPD DISP-2
41805 NOPD DISP-3

At one point last week, 41804 was linked to DISP-4, but has been changed to DISP-2.

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

if you are sure about this posting then you might want to get Lou to change the db. Right know they have 41804,41805 listed as LASP. I have also heard though 41803.

Good Luck

Wes

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
N5PCX said:
Right know they have 41804,41805 listed as LASP. I have also heard though 41803.
41803, 4, & 5 are correctly listed. Notice that they are not LSP channels, but LSP Troop B Coordinate channels, in other words able to be used by any agency in the Troop B area. There are similar channels for every troop area, we just don't have confirmation of them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.