Latie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of the new 700 system going encrypted..I hope not since I am about to order the 396T. I heard Fire,Police and EMS is going to be totally encrypted...

jrplmil

Yes it can be upgraded with a simple firmware upgrade. That is one of the nice things about the scanner. I have the 396t and it is a good little scanner. I can't answer your question about local encryption as I am not from the area. My area still uses UHF, VHF and low band only. I know there is a firmware update out now for the 396T but I haven't needed it so don't know what it does. Hope this helps:lol:

Jeff. Par. TRS

You should be able to get in touch with the director of comm. at the 911 center. Call the number that everybody in JP uses for times and item number. Or you can go by the 911 center. I'm not going to give phone #'s and address for security reason's.

Mark

red8

JeffParishFireman said:
Has anyone heard of the new 700 system going encrypted..I hope not since I am about to order the 396T. I heard Fire,Police and EMS is going to be totally encrypted...
As far as I know I haven't heard anything with encryption, but I have heard the new system is going P-25 digital. I do know the JPSO has
some encryption in the system. Because a couple of nights ago I
picking up the signal of JPSO and I live in Denham Springs and I heard
some encryption traffic on my 796 but I heard some P-25 traffice
also. The encryption sounded like a cricket chirp and it showed
enc. on my display.

I knew abou the P25 stuff but I heard from some one sort of involved in the communications part that the entire system would be encrypted. I also heard though that the JPSO special opps, Laser, SWAT,etc. would be encrypted but the district dispatch systems,NCIC and such would not be. I really want to purchase just dont want to waste the money. We will be using the new parts of the 700 band by Jan 1 but i dont know how long it will be when they fully convert over.

Status
Not open for further replies.