Lauderdale County & MSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

Have gotten some confirmation over the last few weeks that Lauderdale County is indeed moving to the MSWIN radio network. Most agencies will be using Kenwood subscriber units per my sources. Metro Ambulance and Lauderdale County Fire Services will be some of the first to make the swap. I am unsure if this change will also include the City of Meridian or if they will continue to use the ComNet system. Even though LCSD has moved to a silent dispatching system for running information and getting call details it is expected that they will have AES encryption enabled on their talkgroups.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
ComNet has to get all Public Safety off to regain MSI support. No MSI, no more system growth, and no new equipment etc. Kinda cuts the plan for a statewide system out. They are getting close to the renewal dates for the implementation they have on file with the FCC. Speaking of ComNet, there are still a buttload of sites needing verified and info on.... Figured I'd do the current MS admin a favor and pitch a cry for help for him/her one last time.

Last edited by a moderator:

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
ComNet has to get all Public Safety off to regain MSI support. No MSI, no more system growth, and no new equipment etc. Kinda cuts the plan for a statewide system out. They are getting close to the renewal dates for the implementation they have on file with the FCC. Speaking of ComNet, there are still a buttload of sites needing verified and info on.... Figured I'd do the current MS admin a favor and pitch a cry for help for him/her one last time.
I guess that would be me. I'm doing the best I can with information I'm getting. I'm not down there right now to personally verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.