Laurens County Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonMBK

I' having a difficult time listening to any of the digital channels in Laurens County. I have a uniden 396. I have programmed all of the control channels into the scanner. Im getting full signal, and I have it set to "I'd search", but it's not picking up anything, not even the analog HP. What have I done wrong?

AndersonMBK

Even when you have the Laurens towers programmed and you're physically in the city limits of Laurens?

Viking1

Then it should pick up,but i'm not sure if Laurens is like Pickens where they're still using UHF and VHF for primary and the 800mhz radios are just there b/c the state wants them there. I know Laurens EMS is still using VHF.

LarrySC

Your issue seems to be operator error rather than a communications issue. You may have missed a mode in the programming. Everybody else receives Laurens OK, even here in Greenville, Because Ftn Inn is in a fringe area for the Barksdale Tower [16] they also use tower 35 for Sheriff / EMS / and SCHP Greenwood. Laurens PD is restricted to [16].

AndersonMBK

This doesn't make any sense. I started a new system. Set it up as MOT, P25. I programmed the two frequencies for site 16 - 859.8625 & 860.8125.

Then I press scan and set it to ID SEARCH since I did not program any talk groups.

I get full strength signal from the control channel, as I'm in the city of Laurens, but that's it. Nothing.

I programmed a new system for Anderson in the same method, different control channels, of course, and it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.