Laveen Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone live in or near Laveen Ranch, Laveen Meadows, Laveen Village, etc.? If so, other than the expected stuff like DPS, Phoenix fire VHF, MCSO (for now), what do you receive? Any RWC simulcasts?

I'm moving down there soon and I'm just curious if anyone has any information on what to expect radio-wise.

KB7MIB

The Laveen area borders with Phoenix, and Phoenix PD's Maryvale precinct, so you may want the TG's for 800A and B.
The Gila River Community is immediately south of the Laveen area, so you'll want to check out their trunked system for FD and PD.
Tolleson is to the west, and their PD is currently on a single 800 MHz analog repeater.
Phoenix FD station 58 covers the Laveen area, and you'll want the RWC K-deck TG's in addition to the analog VHF A-deck frequencies. (Laveen used to have its own fire district, however it was disbanded and absorbed by Phoenix.)

John
Peoria

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
The Laveen area borders with Phoenix, and Phoenix PD's Maryvale precinct, so you may want the TG's for 800A and B.
The Gila River Community is immediately south of the Laveen area, so you'll want to check out their trunked system for FD and PD.
Tolleson is to the west, and their PD is currently on a single 800 MHz analog repeater.
Phoenix FD station 58 covers the Laveen area, and you'll want the RWC K-deck TG's in addition to the analog VHF A-deck frequencies. (Laveen used to have its own fire district, however it was disbanded and absorbed by Phoenix.)

John
Peoria

Thanks for responding, those are sound suggestions. I'm wondering how reception will be there for the RWC, but I guess I'll find that out first-hand soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.