Law enforcement agency on a marine frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonSCJ

I used Chirp to download all the marine channels to my Icom 2730 and I have one of the bands scanning all my channels all the time. I've noticed at the end of the marine channels there are "F" channels. The way Chirp labeled them (which was a radioreference query) is "Sea F1" etc. When I'm scanning it will stop on Sea F1 (frequency 155.625) and it's obviously a law enforcement agency. I know this because I heard them provide information to a dispatcher and the dispatcher replied that the whatever-they-ran was "clear NCIC. I'm picking this up in the upstate area btw (Greenville/Anderson).

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
It is not a marine frequency inside the US.
See the following thread, it may be what you heard

ClemsonSCJ

It is not a marine frequency inside the US.
See the following thread, it may be what you heard
Yeah I did a search for "155.625" and came across that thread but I don't think that's it. 1) because if I'm picking up Orange County from Greenville/Anderson area then my antenna setup is crazy good...and 2) becauseI've heard them run things through NCIC as well as dispatch to burglar alarms.

ClemsonSCJ

Don't know how far from the state line you are but Transylvania County NC Sheriff still has that freq listed as active, maybe that's what you're hearing. FCC Callsign WNWW307 (TRANSYLVANIA, COUNTY OF)
That sounds like the most likely option because Greenville County borders Transylvania County on the north-western side and would explain why it starts dropping out when I get down into Anderson County.

Ensnared

When Woodway, Texas PD had their own trunking system, problems arose with VHF frequencies. Consequently, they went to an auction in Galveston, Texas to buy paired marine band frequencies. The began using frequencies in the 160 mhz range. They have since migrated to a different system.

garys

Premium Subscriber
155.6250 has been a law enforcement channel since at least the early 1970s. When the FCC allocated specific frequencies for police use, it was a commonly used frequency. Concord, NH PD have used it as their operations channels since at least 1973 when I lived up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.