Law Enforcement Aircraft Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
For those who may be interested, I have created two new photo albums depicting law enforcement aircraft in Southern California.

The first album shows CHP air operations based at Fullerton Airport and can be found at:

The RadioReference.com Forums - davidhcrocker's Album: California Highway Patrol Air Operations

The second albums shows both choppers and fixed wing aircraft from various So Cal agencies and can be found at:

The RadioReference.com Forums - davidhcrocker's Album: So Cal Law Enforcement Aircraft

Dave
KA6TJF

2wayfreq

Very cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chopper identified as Newport Beach is actually Costa Mesa "44 Eagle". NB's chopper is "43 Ocean".

SCPD

QRT
Newport/Costa Mesa/Santa Ana Chopper

According to the FAA website, that chopper is registered to:

AIRBORNE LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICES
361 PAULARINO AVE HANGAR #26
COSTA MESA CALIFORNIA 92626

I refer to it as a Newport Beach chopper because I heard one of the pilots refer to it as "Newport Beach Eagle" over the NAV/COM radio once.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Newport Beach had their own helicopter about 12 years ago. They got rid of the program and contracted with Costa Mesa, as others have mentioned. The name 43-Ocean was retired with the program (at least I haven't heard 43-Ocean since their program ended).

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
44 Eagle, 43 Ocean, HB-1, 26 Angel and 18-Duke-1

Back when you could actually hear them on non pursuit calls... *sigh*

Great pics, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.