Law Enforcement Freqs in Los Alamos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heraldstorm

Premium Subscriber
I'm going through the data on RR and I'm unable to find any talk groups for the Law Enforcement or County Public Safety efforts. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

heraldstorm

Premium Subscriber
Odd. I see them in the database, but the ARC program for the Uniden 4/536 scanners isn't pulling down anything but Fire Dept. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has any experience with ARC, specifically 2.0 build 14, I'd love to find out if you got that to work.

ChrisABQ

I just checked my database for my 436 and all the P25 P1 talkgroups are in there, including police and fire. The lab talkgroups are in there as well.

heraldstorm

Premium Subscriber
Got it!I

Thanks for replying. I don't know if the site was slow or what, but I'm able to pull down all the talk groups this morning. It's responding much faster than yesterday. Thanks again for checking! BTW, if you're the same guy in ABQ that's been running the Bernailillo feed for so many years, thank you! You've been offering a tremendous service and I'm really going to miss it!

sorensenbrad

Help Los Alamos White Rock

Folks newbie here...
I cannot find any list of police, ems,fire frequencies for Los Alamos White Rock.

My scanner is a Uniden BC125AT I'm guessing its analog.

Did Los Alamos White Rock switch over to a digital trunked system? Only thing I can think of as even in scan mode I don't pickup anything.

If this is the case will a Uniden BCD325P2 Handheld TrunkTracker V Scanner work in this area.

Finally does anyone have a list of frequencies that I can get for my Uniden BC125AT for NM and Los Alamos White Rock area.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The BC125AT is an analog, non-trunk tracking scanner.

As for Los Alamos, it appears all public safety is on the LANL P-25 system. The BCD325P2 will work for your area.

SCPD

QRT
The whistler trx 1 or 2, bcd 436hp, bcd536hp also would work.

Depending on your like the above shy flyer mentioned or these would work.

ChrisABQ

RE: Thanks for replying. I don't know if the site was slow or what, but I'm able to pull down all the talk groups this morning. It's responding much faster than yesterday. Thanks again for checking! BTW, if you're the same guy in ABQ that's been running the Bernailillo feed for so many years, thank you! You've been offering a tremendous service and I'm really going to miss it!

No, not me, I do the Sandoval County Public Safety feed.

ChrisABQ

I just checked the RR and FCC DB's and I cannot find any listings. I would imagine, they would be under the Los Alamos Lab system with their own TG. A digital scanner like you suggested (BCD325P2) would work. It's just a matter of finding the talk group, unfortunately, you would be the best one to find it as you're a local.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
Added note

They change the control channel ALL the time. So be sure to put in ALL the frequencies. Also note my pro-106 has a terrible time with the simulcast and I live in the county. :(

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Linear Simulcast Distortion

Added note

They change the control channel ALL the time. So be sure to put in ALL the frequencies. Also note my pro-106 has a terrible time with the simulcast and I live in the county. :(

Yes, that radio has a horrible time coping with linear simulcast distortion. I had the GRE PSR 500 and had to replace it with a Uniden 436HP. It does a much better of handling simulcast distortion in my listening area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.