Lawrence County Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Anyone know if they stopped using the fire/ems dispatch analog frequency and went to using AWIN full time? 154.4150 WNXX550 This frequency has been quiet for the last three days straight so now I wonder if they have possibly upgraded to NXDN or DMR or just stopped using this analog frequency in favor of AWIN, it was being used very heavy and then just went quiet in the last few days, any info or help figuring this out will be welcome. Also just on a side note there has been heavy activity on their Tac frequency appears to be talk about radios some of which seemed to be of a technical nature, possibly radio technicians sorting out some kind of issues or whatever.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
That freq has the option of being 7K60FXE on the license so it could easily be DMR. But if you program it in with no ctcss you should hear the motor boat noise of DMR if that’s what they’re using.

drbeede

Feed Provider
it is actually listed wrong in the data
That freq has the option of being 7K60FXE on the license so it could easily be DMR. But if you program it in with no ctcss you should hear the motor boat noise of DMR if that’s what they’re using.
yeah it's not DMR but has underwent some configuration changes, I believe they changed the PL tone for one thing and I have not had time to scan for the new PL, plus there seems to be very little radio traffic I have only heard a couple radio checks by 1st responders no ems or fire traffic at all in the last four days now. and yes I put in a request to have it changed in the database it has the wrong call sign. the actual call sign should be KNGY928, I had to look it up on the FCC site. of course sense I'm hearing almost no traffic leads me to believe they may be getting ready to upgrade to DMR radios which would not surprise me in the least because a few months ago the sheriff switched over to digital and the only analog traffic heard on their frequency is from the local towns and 1st responders who still report into the dispatch with analog equipment.

Last edited:

drbeede

Feed Provider
yes it appears that the KNGY928 is licensed for both analog and DMR all though as of yet I have seen no indication that they are using DMR but doesn't mean they will not upgrade and go to using both.

pepper33

Premium Subscriber
I am a Fireman / OEM in Lawrence County. 154.415 with a 131.8 Tone is still what fire and ems is using. It will likely never change from analog from what im told. Sheriff's Department is Split on DMR / Analog.

pepper33

Premium Subscriber
KNGY928 is the correct Callsign for 154.415 i noticed that too. Walnut Ridge Fire is actually the license holder for the county fire frequency.

As far as why you arent picking it up i dont know. Do you have the 131.8 Tone in? Radio traffic has been about like always

drbeede

Feed Provider
KNGY928 is the correct Callsign for 154.415 i noticed that too. Walnut Ridge Fire is actually the license holder for the county fire frequency.

As far as why you arent picking it up i dont know. Do you have the 131.8 Tone in? Radio traffic has been about like always
oh I finally heard a page out for the Medic One EMS yesterday so it is still active, I guess there just is not as much traffic, I have the 131.8 tone programmed in yes, I was wondering though does fire and ems also use the ARWIN system?

drbeede

Feed Provider
I am a Fireman / OEM in Lawrence County. 154.415 with a 131.8 Tone is still what fire and ems is using. It will likely never change from analog from what im told. Sheriff's Department is Split on DMR / Analog.
ok thanks I knew that the sheriff was using DMR mostly because I use to hear all their traffic and then when they went to using DMR full time all I get is that weird motor boat sound on my scanner. oh by the way could you tell me what the 154.250 frequency is used for? I see it listed on their license oh and 155.895 mobile and 155.985 mobile, are these all used by the county fire/ems?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
ok thanks I knew that the sheriff was using DMR mostly because I use to hear all their traffic and then when they went to using DMR full time all I get is that weird motor boat sound on my scanner. oh by the way could you tell me what the 154.250 frequency is used for? I see it listed on their license oh and 155.895 mobile and 155.985 mobile, are these all used by the county fire/ems?

Licenses list all frequencies- inputs and outputs - so you don’t need them all programmed. You only need to monitor the outputs from the repeaters unless something is listed as simplex (car to car). Some of those are likely the input (tx) frequencies.

And, just for clarification, the statewide system is AWIN not ARWIN.

pepper33

Premium Subscriber
154.250 is Walnut Ridge Fireground. Its just a simplex channel. Not sure about the other 2.

pepper33

Premium Subscriber
All the firegrounds are simplex in our county. Only repeated channels is Ravenden, SO, Fire, Road Department. Also AWIN is hardly ever used

drbeede

Feed Provider
Licenses list all frequencies- inputs and outputs - so you don’t need them all programmed. You only need to monitor the outputs from the repeaters unless something is listed as simplex (car to car). Some of those are likely the input (tx) frequencies.

yes sorry Arkansas Wireless Information Network AWIN my bad I only listen to this system over my SDR anyways and only the State Police as most surrounding traffic in this area is still on Analog thank god LOL because all those new P25 Phase II capable scanners are way out of the price range for a poor man LOL.

drbeede

Feed Provider

yes I'm aware of all that, I know how to program my radio and scanner I use CHIRP for easier access to the database and usually just copy and paste, then write it to my scanner or radio, easy as pie. :)

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
yes sorry Arkansas Wireless Information Network AWIN my bad I only listen to this system over my SDR anyways and only the State Police as most surrounding traffic in this area is still on Analog thank god LOL because all those new P25 Phase II capable scanners are way out of the price range for a poor man LOL.

Yeah, nothing wrong with using an SDR if it's working for you! Still gets the job done.

yes I'm aware of all that, I know how to program my radio and scanner I use CHIRP for easier access to the database and usually just copy and paste, then write it to my scanner or radio, easy as pie. :)

OK, well I was just pointing that out since you were asking about those other frequencies on the license. Since you know it already, I guess you didn't really need to ask... ;) My apologies if you felt insulted or something.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Yeah, nothing wrong with using an SDR if it's working for you! Still gets the job done.

OK, well I was just pointing that out since you were asking about those other frequencies on the license. Since you know it already, I guess you didn't really need to ask... ;) My apologies if you felt insulted or something.
no I wasn't insulted LOL. and yes my sdr works but I know it's capable of so much more than just listening to the Arkansas state police, I've seen so many videos on youtube about setting up an sdr for listening to all kinds of modes and frequencies but I'm just happy I got it working at all, I'm still experimenting with it but $19 beats the heck out of several hundred for some of those P25 phase II scanners, I just can't afford that.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I only know the basics of the SDRs but I know they can do quite a lot. I know some people use them for discovery of new talkgroups and such on trunked systems. Lots of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.