Lawrence ma vhf freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen some guys at Lawrence PD with XTS 1500's, xts 2500's and Astro Sabers portables that are VHF.

Couple cars have a VHF antenna recently and their control sometimes seems to answer a question on the UHF which no one heard on the channel. Could be calling in on VHF? Officers seem to get responses about plates and sometimes somone says "wrong channel".

I see them with these radios on Friday and Saturday Nights, especially around downtown and the bar areas.

Anyone know why they are using a VHF and the freq's.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've moved this out of Community Announcements forum. For future reference, before hitting Create Thread please take a quick second to make sure you're in the correct forum. Thanks!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Take a moment to look in the database information for the City of Lawrence and the answer should be pretty clear.

Lawrence vhf

Put VHF's of both auxiliary channels in my scanner and saw a plain clothed officers talking on his Saber at donut shop on Maple Street and nothing came over either channel. Lot of talk over auxiliary channel, but do auxiliaries do bar checks and call full timers about lines forming in front of bars, and where to assign extra cars? Was wondering if it was the ABC or ATF? Do they use VHF??

cmed325

Premium Subscriber
fyi-the lawrence p.d.aux currently use a high band repeater system,,on the weekend the essex county sheriffs dept (k-9) and mass state police assist the lpd in (night club)closing crowd control.the essex cnty use a uhf system,as well as mass sp using their 800 system,however the later 2 both have lawrence uhf radios in their cars,several units of the lpd have radios capable of comminicating with the dea etc on their frequencies also.

Thanks, almost right (99.9%). I talked with one of the PD working at a club. The whole op is about the club closings. Your right, the EC Sherriffs, MSP, ABCC, ATF, LPD and AUX LPD are all over it at closing time. Haven't heard about any mini riots so must be doing a good job. ALL of the above have communictions with LPD over their channel 1 (UHF). They also use channel 12 on LPD UHF- he didn't know freq for talk around. The only put emergency calls and need other units on TAC 1. The aux pd saturate the area and use VHF for their talk around on a repeater and a couple LPD cars have a VHF radio for direct talk with them. Also the aux. have the sabers and xts2500's to talk with ABC and ATF about where the crowds are. He didn't know the ABCC or ATF channels. My buddy asked around and the aux have the fed channels in their VHF's, but didn't know the channel only "astro 10 appears on their screen. He said they use HT1000"s and 750's but were given the astro's by the feds so they have both channels (aux and feds) in same radio since their radios do not do encryption they need for the ABCC and ATF.

What does the ABCC or ATF operated for frequencies?? seems may be interesting to scan, Sounds like 2 units call all the shots a car 488 and a car 460.

Thanks, may be fun to listen (especially in Lawrence!!)

cmed325

Premium Subscriber
ch 12 is used usually for direct operations,it is an input frequency for one of the south shore bapern channels.can be found on your search function.

Was leaving a Lawrence Club after a little St. Patrick's Days spirit, when across the street a fight started at another bar. 4 LPD car showed up instantly - 2 men per car. Then 3 white chargers with red and blue lights (FEDS?) came in and some of the officers had ATF and ABC jackets on. In each car an auxiliary got out wearing a "Lawrence Aux Police" jacket. The Feds and Aux had the sabers on VHF. I dashed to my car and put my scanner on search since the aux were talking on the sabers astros to the ATF's but could get anything - to much other freq's.
Does anyone know the ATF or ABC freq's??

Status
Not open for further replies.