Lawrenceburg Anderson Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might look up the FCC license information, particularly the emission designator. Then checking the emission designator charts might give an indication whether they are 12.5 or 6.25

KG4EMJ

PD is encrypted.

Fire is not. EMS is not. I listen to them daily. I also listen to the Board of Ed (school bus traffic...hear some wild stuff on there sometimes) which are using NXDN.

I'm trying to somewhat keep it quiet that we can still monitor them, because from what I understand it's a piece of cake to turn encryption on with NXDN systems and if they encrypt Fire/EMS it'll dry up the hobby in this town.

P.S. I'm using a Kenwood NX-220 and program it myself with the software at home

Arkk

ØGreatUnitsØ
PD is encrypted.

Fire is not. EMS is not. I listen to them daily. I also listen to the Board of Ed (school bus traffic...hear some wild stuff on there sometimes) which are using NXDN.

I'm trying to somewhat keep it quiet that we can still monitor them, because from what I understand it's a piece of cake to turn encryption on with NXDN systems and if they encrypt Fire/EMS it'll dry up the hobby in this town.

P.S. I'm using a Kenwood NX-220 and program it myself with the software at home

RE: Just an FYI... im on ACFD and there is no future plans AS OF RIGHT NOW of going encrypted.... and that goes for ACFD, EMS, and CITY FD

KG4EMJ

RE: Just an FYI... im on ACFD and there is no future plans AS OF RIGHT NOW of going encrypted.... and that goes for ACFD, EMS, and CITY FD

Good to know. There is also more complexity to the systems once they go encrypted which is a bad thing for EMS/Fire units. You guys have enough issues with your radios as it is...especially out in the county away from the main repeater. Last thing they need to do is add another layer of complexity with encryption.

mandy518

Premium Subscriber
Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me! I'm new to scanning & just got the Whistler 1040. I have all of the local frequencies programmed but every time a transmission goes out on any of them, all I get is static. From reading this thread I'm gathering PD can't be listened to on any device?? I should still be able to pick up EMS & FD though? I'm hoping I didn't just throw a few hundred dollars down the drain. Can anyone help? I'd definitely appreciate it!

mandy518

Premium Subscriber
How would I find this out? This is the second scanner I've bought. The first one I didn't realize wasn't digital so I returned it & ordered this one because it said it's digital/trunking & now I still can't get anything. I just wanted a hobby but it's more of a headache. :)

Andyssonopie

How would I find this out? This is the second scanner I've bought. The first one I didn't realize wasn't digital so I returned it & ordered this one because it said it's digital/trunking & now I still can't get anything. I just wanted a hobby but it's more of a headache. :)

Sorry to tell you but the Whistler 1040 will not pickup Lawrenceburg Fire EMS or County Fire, you would have to have a TRX 1 or a TRX 2 and do the proper firmware updates to make them work.

KG4EMJ

From what I have been told, there's been a bit of a push lately to use the iamresponding app to send more information and reserve radio traffic only for emergency operations. So, if you're monitoring Fire/EMS you may be hearing slightly less traffic these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.