Layton PD... NO TRAFFIC???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwfreq

Hello Utah Monitoring enthusiast!!!!

I just moved to Utah; Layton to be exact, and while having an extensive understanding of how trunked systems work and how to program trunked radios, I am having a helluva time receiving any traffic on the Layton City Police Department trunked frequencies.

I can only guess that I don't have the correct control channel(s) programmed in my Spectra in order to hear any traffic in Layton.

I CAN however hear all traffic for Davis County Sheriffs Dept./Fire; Weber County SO; Ogden PD and Salt Lake City Police, but not a thing for Layton PD.

Here are the talk groups for Layton PD/Clearfield and the control channels I have for the local system that I've programmed into my Spectra A4:

Talk Groups:
LPD 292
CPD 232

Control Channels:
853.9875 (Weber County)
853.1125 (Salt Lake County)
852.8375 (Davis County)

If anyone has any recommendations that may remedy my issues, I would love to hear them.

Thank in advance-

Signed - Discouraged in Layton Utah!!!!

bmwfreq

Hello Utah Monitoring enthusiast!!!!

I just moved to Utah; Layton to be exact, and while having an extensive understanding of how trunked systems work and how to program trunked radios, I am having a helluva time receiving any traffic on the Layton City Police Department trunked frequencies.

I can only guess that I don't have the correct control channel(s) programmed in my Spectra in order to hear any traffic in Layton.

I CAN however hear all traffic for Davis County Sheriffs Dept./Fire; Weber County SO; Ogden PD and Salt Lake City Police, but not a thing for Layton PD.

Here are the talk groups for Layton PD/Clearfield and the control channels I have for the local system that I've programmed into my Spectra A4:

Talk Groups:
LPD 292
CPD 232

Control Channels:
853.9875 (Weber County)
853.1125 (Salt Lake County)
852.8375 (Davis County)
(would have used additional channels, but I can only use standard or splinter frequencies in this Spectra; not both?)

If anyone has any recommendations that may remedy my issues, I would love to hear them.

Thank in advance-

Signed - Discouraged in Layton Utah!!!!

Quick note: I took one of my MTS2000 portables last night, and just as a test, I programmed only one control channel (853.8250) and it works great. I receive all of the talk groups programmed; which includes Weber County; Davis County and Salt Lake County. Layton and Clearfield PD came through loud and clear.

Why can I not get my Spectra to work correctly???? (I'm very puzzled)

If someone has a local codeplug they'd be willing to send me, that'd be great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.